Who was it who ''rescued'', or ''saved'' you?

by Beth Sarim 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

An Elder kind of provided the Straw that... you know, he promised to come back for a second "Shepherding" visit to prove to me that the 1914 Doctrine was in the Bible. He never returned.

I then went on to Greg Stafford's Site and found , FANTASTIC ! another JW, as he was at the time, who does not believe the 1914 rubbish ! I then researched some more, found MANY who had sussed LONG before me that 1914 was crap, and therefore the G.B were Charlatans, and one of them directed me to this Site !

I must say that members of this Site, REALLY saved me. I was contemplating suicide, would have done it too, had it all worked out, and a good number on here BEGGED me to seek Therapy. I did, and my Depression was put under control. Thank you ! from the very depths of my soul to those Posters, most of whom have moved on now. I would never have known my beautiful grand children, and never once in my life have experienced REAL happiness, if I had topped myself. Thank you Thank you !

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

A disfellowshiped apostate ,I was listening to a radio talk show about jws and disfellowshiping and a individual who had been shunned by her family and then this exelder called in and explained he had been disfellowshiped for questioning that JWs were a member of the UN during the 90s and then calmly mentioned about the guardian newspaper exposure and simply said look it up , and initially I thought it was apostate lies but looked it up anyway and found the newspaper article then found this forum and read many topics and used the search function .

Many thanks to that guy , just shows a simple calm comment can start the waking process.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

I was inquisitive about a person's monicker on a public platform in my country. He was always going against and posting things in my view I believe was against JWs ORG. I said the way to get to this monicker is to see the idea behind his monicker. My inquisitive findings led me to the 2 books of Ray Franz because that monicker was formed using the names of those books. I had come across one of those books some years back which I waved it off as of no importance considering what I heard about the writer as being apostate

I leapt for joy saying I have a good clue where all his post and "bitterness" came from. So I tasked myself a QUEST to debunk these books before going back to DEBUNK all his post. I started with CoC which was the very same book I waved off, before I could complete the reading of CoC, I was inching to DEVOUR ISoCF I started as someone who wanted to DEBUNK, I ended as SOMEONE raging inwardly at the ORGANIZATION. The very thing the organization loves to condemn and tag others as FALSE is what they practice and do equally.

I met more than I can actually CHEW. It dawned on me that the ORGANIZATION I thought was controlled and directed by JEHOVAH was not what it really is. It was INDEED correct the concept I bought was ORGANIZATION. The comparison used by RAY regarding TRINITY and ORGANIZATION was apt. Oh I enjoyed the part where RUTHERFORD was saying the LORD said...........

some should report 50 hours Some 75 hours and blah blah and that their integrity is based on following such instructions. I said REALLY? Where did he received such instructions? I was glad I found what looks like the very genesis of reporting for FIELD SERVICE. It was pure commands of men.

I couldn't take my eyes off. This led me to many other books of ex-jws and websites. In no time I was reading reviews of Watchtower articles from this website and others. It was clear there was a lot of INSUBORDINATION and MANIPULATION going on. The veil was ripped off. In +/- two years I said my AU REVOIR.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    As I have related many times it was the overlapping generation teaching that finally woke me up even though I always had to fight off doubts about the organization. And when I talked to a couple of elders about how an overlapping generation doesn't make sense especially from a scriptural point of view. They looked at me puzzled . they couldn't understand why I would have an issue with it!
  • Aposta-Fish
    Aposta-Fish

I think the overlapping generation teaching woke up the most amount of people post 1975 teaching and pre ARC .

Me I was away from family under a lot of stress and doing a lot of questioning in my mind went to a RC hoping for a spiritual pick me up snd instead heard a talk from Lett where he lied about something concerning 1975. That changed my whole mind set and I started researching their history their teachings and the Bible itself.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thanks to all great comments.

Yes, it was December 2006 which confirmed it wasnt' just me who had incredible 'doubts' about the Borg, and that I wasn't going Nuts, LOL.

Finding Cal's site, then coming on here, then, it was all just like magic....

I had no idea about Ray Franz' books until this site, or other 'condemned books' by the Borg.

Registered on this site in finally in summer 2009 and well...and uploaded my first post at that time.

And that there are probably thousands, if not millions of questioning JW's and that we were not alone.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think it was a combination of this site, the Watchtower Library and some online ministries for me, that finally brought me over the edge

I've always had doubts, people that made me really think were a set of pioneers/elders in a congregation who posed difficult questions where the Bible and Watchtower doctrine don't match. Surprisingly they're still JW's to date, but they had raised serious doubts. They believed their own logical conclusions were wrong and they didn't study hard enough, these were people that were dedicated for pretty much most of their life, they had part time or no jobs, lived in a trailer and they couldn't understand it, why would I be able to.

One day I got a call to make a talk about a bible verse that night, the person that was scheduled couldn't do it, the Watchtower Library was only on Windows and I couldn't get it to work on my Mac, so I went and looked online, I found a discussion on this site on the topic and then some other online ministries had full bible-reasoned sermons on the topic. I copied a sermon, modified it a bit and did the talk.

I then got a talking to from the elders, I said, it was wholly reasoned from the Bible, what was wrong with it. They said "the Bible verses weren't wrong but your explanation wasn't from the Watchtower". I said "I quoted literally from bible verse to bible verse" and they said "you can do that research in your personal study, but in a talk you should quote what the Watchtower publication says, not just the Bible". That started me thinking and brought me down the rabbit hole that is this site and other sites like it.

• Overrated
    Overrated

After seeing the contradictions in the bible and Jwism and years of their bullshit. I came to the conclusion that Gee-hovah is not real and that Watchtower is nothing more then a real estate business that hided as a religion.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Ultimately, it was Jesus.

Thank you Jesus!!

• GregW
    GregW

For me it was actually reading the bible and the Borg itself with all of pretentious lying and corruption..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit