Is There Anything That You Would NEVER Forgive?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

My father committed suicide in front of my mother seven years ago. My mother was very ill with breast cancer at the time. The anger that I have carried around all those years can take it's toll on you. It takes alot of energy to hate that much. I was angry for being raised in a crazy j.w environmnet also. I was just angry about everything! I'm tired of it. My parents aren't around anymore for me to forgive or *not* forgive. But for me, forgivness is something that you do for yourself.

• little witch
    little witch

(((((Tinkerbell))))

How horrible!!!

Indeed, forgiveness is to make right in the mind of a victim of a wrong. I agree with you.

I am so sorry for you, that I have no words.......My parents are gone too

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

I definitely would agree with willful abandonment.......

betrayal is up there too but everyone slips up now and then.........

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Study: Forgive for Good Health

By Merritt McKinney

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - They say to forgive is divine. It may be good for your health, too, researchers report.

The results of a new study suggest that people with forgiving natures may have lower blood pressure than less forgiving folks.

"Adopting a more forgiving stance toward others may have important health benefits," lead investigator Dr. Kathleen A. Lawler of the University of Tennessee at Knoxville told Reuters Health.

Hostility and anger have been linked with poor health and heart disease, but the relationship between forgiveness and health has not been studied as much.

The study included 108 college students who were interviewed about specific situations in which they had felt betrayed by someone else. Researchers also interviewed the students to judge whether or not they had a generally forgiving nature.

During and after the interviews, researchers monitored several vital signs in the students, including blood pressure and heart rate.

Whether a student was a forgiving type was directly related to blood pressure, Lawler and her colleagues report in the October issue of the Journal of Behavioral Medicine.

"Young adults who are less forgiving in general have higher blood pressure levels, even when resting, than more forgiving individuals," Lawler said.

She noted that resting diastolic blood pressure, the lower number in a blood pressure reading, is a strong risk factor for high blood pressure. This suggests that having a more forgiving attitude toward others may be beneficial to health, Lawler said.

The study also showed that a lack of forgiveness in a particular situation seemed to have an effect on the body. Lawler explained that students who recalled a time of betrayal that they have not been able to forgive "experience a more sustained physiological arousal" than students who remembered a betrayal that they had been able to forgive.

The Tennessee researcher added that students who had a less forgiving personality and who remembered a time when they were unable to forgive experienced the greatest increase in the arousal of the sympathetic nervous system, which comes into play during stressful situations. They were also slowest to recover after this arousal, she said.

"One important theory about illness is that those individuals who have larger stress responses and maintain them for longer periods of time, are at increased risk for a variety of chronic diseases, such as cancer and heart disease," Lawler said.

"Forgiveness may represent an important way to reduce your automatic, physiological arousal to interpersonal stressors," she added.

SOURCE: Journal of Behavioral Medicine, October 2003.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Is There Anything That You Would NEVER Forgive? YES Alurker on here who found out somebodys identity and reported them to the Borganization

• Badger
    Badger

1. people who call during the last seconds of a movie or overtime hockey game.

2. That Mutha****a who wrecked my mom's 1968 Hemi Barracuda with an El Camino.

3. Players who miss a penalty kick.

4. Any beeyotch who breaks up with you the week before finals.

5. Brett Hull.

6. Kenneth Starr

7. My old service overseer (you're why I'm leaving, you @$$#0!%!)

8. People who begin fake charities and pocket the loot.

9. Godfather III

10. Women who tease...no, that's not right...I forgive 'em all the time.

• flower
    flower

By my definition, there are many things that are unforgivable but it would depend on the person who committed the crime. Any act in and of itself is forgiveable to me but it would depend a lot on the circumstances.

For instance, I know how powerful the control the society has over many jws is and any act done while under that or mind control 'could' be forgiven. If my sister denied my nephew a blood transfusion and he died she is a murderer in my opinion. Willfully murdering a child is unforgivable in most circumstances but in this situation I 'could' forgive her. Knowing she honestly felt it was the right thing to do I may one day be able to forgive but it would be very difficult.

Its a lot easier to forgive if the person actually is sorry and 'asks' for forgiveness also.

flower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit