Am I losing my mind or am I being stalked?

by Michigan22 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

Your question is: What do they gain?

They count and report the time knocking on doors and the literature they place or leave at the doors. This is the same with the time spent with you in studying JW religion. The hours reported show how 'spiritual' the JW is.

Unfortunately, there are not many perks for a JW woman so about the most she can qualify as is called a 'Pioneer' which means she will have a quota of hours to spend in preaching each month. Most JWs are not Pioneers but are called Publishers. Publishers do not have a quota but are expected to report at least the national average of hours preaching (usually 10 hours/month).

If a baptised male JW consistently attains the national average, he may then qualify for additional congregation 'privileges' (prestige of position) as a Ministerial Servant and then Elder.

A 'study' (ie: you) who becomes baptised, allows some additional bragging rights for the JW who studied with you and maybe considered to be an indication of God's blessing on them.

• steve2
    steve2

Rest assured the "sister" sitting in the car at the end of your driveway for over 15 minutes was counting time.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It all comes down to :

F.O.G

Fear

Obligation

Guilt

These are the main tactics of a high control religious group like JWs

• Giordano
    Giordano

I don't think anyone mentioned jwfacts.com

You can sample any wt subject material and it will site the actual Watchtower publications. You don't need apostate sites

The flip flop list is astounding so no you don't have to believe anything you hear on an ex JW forum.

Compliments on catching the shunning that was going on at the meeting you attended.

A loving arrangment.....indeed. JW's who have gone through consider it a form of torture.

I am grateful for the opportunity in my life that I set aide to have a relationship with Christ and God, and bringing my spiritual growth to the forefront.

If fellowship is important to you as well as your spirituality......... check out other church's in your area. Do a search of the beliefs that matter the most to you and make a list of church's to visit. You might find one that fit's your needs.

Keep us posted. Ask questions on this forum debate or discuss just about anything your interested in.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes jehovahs witnesses are stalkers -religious stalkers.

Of course they don't view it that way they would call the taking of detailed notes on you, talking about your business amongst themselves and calling on you unannounced as "taking a personal interest" but it is very creepy indeed.

Buyer beware these are not nice people to get entangled with.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hello Michigan, welcome to the site and thanks for posting your experience. "Am I losing my mind?" you asked, I think you are saving your sanity by having already woken up to the creepy cult which is called Jehovah's Witnesses. On the outside all smiles and innocence but on the inside paranoid beliefs of God's wrath visiting all those who are not JWs.

The religion suits people who need to be told what to believe, the last thing JWs want is someone who uses logic, reason or evidence, all they want are simple minded believers who will submit to the highly questionable authority of the governing body.

I am so glad that you were able to see through their religious racket. The deeper you go down their slippery slope the harder to recover. You might like to firmly tell them not to call on you but you will call them if you need to. Best wishes to you.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Well done for stopping yourself from going any further. This cult pretty much ruined my life so please, please do not be tempted to get involved with them again. If you were a star student they won’t given up on you easily and yes, I wouldn’t put it past them to keep an eye on you.

Do not engage with them.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Most likely is they send the sister to have a look if you are still around, and why you are not replying to texts and phone calls. Just to confirm that you are not interested to continue the Bible Study

• steve2
    steve2

Yes jehovahs witnesses are stalkers -religious stalkers.

That is, until they realize they can no longer exploit you, at which time they become religious shunners.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Read the paragraph first, then answer the questions:

Many people are looking for answers about God. They often gravitate towards magical teachings that tend to impress rather than inform. Do you think that is how God makes himself known? Many do. But we know God has a name. It's Jehovah. Jehovah wants you to know him which means associating with his people. Jesus said, "Join up fool". We want to do what Jesus says or Jehovah will not listen to your prayers. Jesus says we should attend all the meeting and study hard to know Jehovah. If we don't, his people will hunt us down to make sure they should ignore us when we are drowning.

Questions for review:

1) What are people looking for?

2) How does a "fool join up?

3) What will happen if we don't go to all the meetings and study this crap?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit