Did you get a headache today?

by Mindchild 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

The Earth is undergoing a major geomagnetic storm today (October 15th). Has anyone here noticed anything different about how they feel today? I have monitored my own responses to geomagnetic storms and find I almost always get a headache out of the blue and ringing of the ears. This isn't the placebo effect either, as I seldom get headaches and check afterwards as to what is happening to the Magnetosphere (the magnetic field of the earth). Researchers have linked all kinds of weird behavior on days like this, like people going off the deep end, whales and other marine animals beaching themselves.

Uh, I would stay away from the water if I were you.

Skipper

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

No wonder I feel so crappy today that I had to take the day off work.

Walter

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I've had a headache since Sunday. Tell them to turn off the headache machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimB

• Makena1
    Makena1

Interesting! My headache started yesterday and is just now easing up.

Usually I can attribute a headache to lack of sleep, stress, too much wine, neck or back out of alignment. In this instance, none of the above are to blame, so you could be right!

Mak

feelin better already

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes, my migraine started last night and has not responded to any kind of medication. Interesting theory!

• Nikita
    Nikita

My husband has a killer one today!

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I thought I would add a bit more information about what is actually happening. First, here is an illustration to help visualize things in terms of a geomagnetic storm:

What this storm is being caused by is a huge influx of energetic particles coming from the sun and smashing into the magnetic field of the earth. When this happens, we see both the physical effects and biological effects.

Not only do headaches happen, and other strange biological effects, but nearly 1/3 of all heart attacks come from these geomagnetic storms. Here is a link for a complete scientific paper about how the storms effect headaches and the heart:

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:KzD369zO0b4J:journals.imc.akh-wien.ac.at/kup/pdf/26.pdf+heart+attacks+and+geomagnetic+activity&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Abstract from the article:

Effect of geomagnetic activity on cardiovascular parameters
    E. Stoupel
    Multidirectional changes in the natural history of many cardiovascular syndromes have been linked to different levels of
    daily and monthly geomagnetic activity (GMA). Previous studies have found that in periods of high GMA there were more
    admissions for acute myocardial infarction and more cases of anterior wall myocardial infarction. Results also indicated: higher
    outpatient mortality and a trend towards higher hospital mortality from acute myocardial infarction; higher diastolic arterial
    pressure in healthy subjects and in treated hypertensive patients; higher prolactin and 17-corticosteroid levels in the peripheral
    blood; more severe migraine attacks and more admissions for CVA and cerebrovascular insufficiency in male patients; changes
    in many blood coagulation cellular gradients (platelet count, basophils in the peripheral blood), a rise in platelet aggregation,
    fibrinogen level and a drop in leukocyte adhesiveness.
    Periods of low GMA showed a related increase (negative correlation) in in-hospital non-myocardial infarction-related car-
    diovascular deaths. Only in times of lowest GMA did inferior wall myocardial infarction exceed anterior wall myocardial
    infarction. Low GMA was also associated with higher levels of growth hormone and 11-ketosteroids in the peripheral blood,
    more sudden deaths, some increase in electrical heart instability/hourly number of ventricular and supraventricular extrasystoles
    and higher rate of ventricular tachycardia.
    The monthly occurrence of pregnancy-induced hypertension was negatively correlated with GMA level. Gender differences
    were noted in some of the parameters. Other studied parameters did not show changes related to GMA. These included
    haemoglobin level, electrolyte level, heart beat and pulse rate. Moreover, some observed cardiovascular fluctuations that were
    related to the level of GMA also showed differences in the rising and dropping parts of the 11-year cycle of solar activity. It has
    been suggested that some of the changes observed in many clinical syndromes may be related to the concomitant activation of
    the serotoninergic system. J Clin Basic Cardiol 1999; 2: 34?40. <end snip>

How bad is this storm and when did it start? Take a look at the top chart of this graph to see the solar wind speed and the second chart is the density.

When the particle stream reaches speeds of half a million Km a second, as they did in the last 10 hours, you have the earth being hit pretty hard by a cosmic sludgehammer, and we are feeling the effects of it.

Skipper

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I've actually felt better than usual and strangely optimistic for some reason. Guess I really am different from everyone else.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I feel strangly relaxed. Normally I'm really hyper. No headache though.

~Aztec

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I don't feel any different than usual, but it sure is WINDY here !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit