Seen any good movies lately?

by StinkyPantz 43 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

The husband and I went to see "House of the Dead" the other night, and 30 minutes into it we had to leave because it was so horrible. Rarely have I seen such bad acting outside of a Highschool drama performance, and I have NEVER left during a movie.

Thing is, I love going to the movies, so it was a major disappointment. Have you seen any good ones lately?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Saw last night on DVD "The Italian Job". Loved the action in it!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I went to see House of a 1000 Corpses when it first came out. It was the ONLY movie I've walked out of the theatre on. MY "date" stayed for the Hour and 10 minutes that I spent sitting in the lobby. Terrible Terrible movie. It was waaaaay over the top, even for my taste

I just saw Kill Bill last night. It was alot of fun. Bear in mind it is very bloody and violent. But it's comic book style violence. very creative, like only a Tarantino movie can be.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Last one was "A Knights Tale" on DVD

and in the cinema: Two Towers (from Tolkien) and Harry Potter nr. 2

• blondie
    blondie

I have Mystic River on my "to see" list.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I see mainstream films less and less because they are so doggone predictable.

I don't know your taste in films but I enjoyed.....

City of God (really outstanding film about kids growing up in the slums of Brazil)

Pretty Dirty Things (another outstanding film of immigrants hiding out in London who discover a sinister secret at the hotel they work at)

American Splendor (funny weird film about an American cartoonist)

28 Days Later (the UK zombie end of the world film.)

Antoine Fisher (directed and stars Denzel Washington)

Frailty (been out on video a while but good scary movie a lot of people have missed)

Step Into Liquid (a documentary about surfing. It ends where one guys surfs about a 70 foot wave a hundred miles off the coast of Baja)

• shera
    shera

http://www.therundown.com/

Good movie to see.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

SP,

I don't see a film until I've checked with my favorite critics. A good place to check to see if your movie is worth seeing is

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

Critics can be wrong, but when the majority of critics hate a film or say it's bad, there is a high probability you will hate it too.

Check out what they had to say about the film you walked out of here:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/HouseoftheDead-1126175/

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

cool link, Megamoviedude - I've been looking for a good movie review site, thanks.

I usually rent movies. I just recently saw "South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut" and I laughed like I've never laughed before.

I also liked "The Grey Zone", but some viewers might find certain scenes to be very disturbing.

Can you believe I just saw "Pulp Fiction" for the first time this past weekend? To tell you the truth, I didn't think it was all that great. Just OK.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Another good movie review site is www.suntimes.com/ebert ... Roger Ebert has some interesting takes on current American movies (and a database of reviews going all the way back to 1985).

The only new one I've seen fairly recently was "Finding Nemo". I liked it so much, I saw it twice. The animation is glorious. And the shark saying "fish are not food, they're our friends" over and over at an underwater group therapy meeting...OK I'll quit now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit