the salton sea

mulholland drive

blue velvet

donnie darko

the talented mr ripley

memento

following

the believer

texas chainsaw massacre (i know, kind of out of keeping with the rest, but i swear, it's good!! :P )

all of these are quality kick ass movies in my opinion

• Nickey
    Nickey

Well, let's see... I recently saw Fighting Temptations, Pirates Of The Carribean and.... Kill Bill.

Didn't take much of a liking to fighting temptations. Loved the music. But the acting wasn't good and Cuba was embarrassing me.

Johnny Depp did a good job in Pirates of the carribean. Wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. But I liked it.

Kill Bill was.... whoa/wow. Alot more violent than I thought. Cool fight scenes. But I won't watch it with a full stomach again

• Mulan
    Mulan

I like sweet, happy ending, movies. So I liked:

Sweet Home Alabama
    and
    Maid in Manhattan

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Megadude,

I check Rotten Tomatoes all the time.

Wasn't there one that covered album reviews as well? I can't find it anywhere.

Probably go see Kill Bill this weekend. Last film I saw was Once Upon a Time in Mexico and enjoyed it.

Good films I've seen this year:

City of God.

Man of the Year.

Dark Water.

The Suicide Club

Battle Royale.

Doh, remembered some more.

Swimming Pool

Calender Girls

-

Ignored One.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Dan,

I liked "The Grey Zone" a lot. It started slow but had such a powerful ending.

Ignored One,

You've got some great films on that list. You must live in a good size city to see those films. Here in Dallas we have three indy theaters.

• franklin J
    franklin J

my wife and I just saw "Under the Tuscan sun". I recommend it.

Frank

• Badger
    Badger

My top 5 of the last year (cause I've only seen five new ones)

1. Office Space. I'll be quoting this one 'till armageddon (nudge nudge). The Michael Bolton character is me to a T.

2. Pirates of the Carribean. My first date in 2 years. Got to second base. We only went out one more time.

3. LOTR: Two Towers. YES! December, Return of the King. I'm there, dude.

4. Bend it Like Beckham. Soccer Girls. Great story. Soccer Girls. Fantastic Script. Soccer Girls. Positive Message. Did I mention...

5. Jackass: Great movies leave you wanting more. This thusly qualifies.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Before we go see a movie we always check www.imdb.com. We look for movies with a rating of 7 at least.

SP: House of the Dead has an IMDB rating of only 3.6 right now!! Anything under 5 usually sucks big time. A 3.6 is almost bad enough to be used in an MST3K episode.

Tink: Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Did you see a new version of that movie opens this week? BTW thanks for the movie suggestions you've given in the past... good stuff!!

• Funchback
    Funchback

'Lost in Translation' starring Bill Murray.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/60315/1.ashx

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Lost in Translation......

I have been meaning to see this. I remember reading someone's life story and they mentioned this and I've been wanting to see it. I always head over to the video store and get stuck, knowing in the back of my mind there's something I really want to see but cant remember. I will see if I can pick this up tonight.

p.s. gotta go with Ignored..... Once Upon a Time in Mexico is sooooo tounge in cheek funny. A little too many characters to follow, but hillarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit