Do You Think The Mayor of London Is Doing a Good Job?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i thought donald trump and boris johnson were the same person--only standing sideways.

i suppose the result would be don johnson.

• Simon
    Simon

His only accomplishment is giving the world more data points about "stop-and-search" of dangerous sections of the population being an affective weapon against the crime they cause. Advertising that the police won't be stopping people and that you are effectively giving the criminal element a pass is insanity and the results could be predicted.

Other than that, he's a useless and annoying little maggot who claimed that terrorist attacks were just "life in a big city". Like we should just accept it.

He's made the lives of regular citizens worse. Not a good mayor.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

And he's of Pakistani background.

• minimus
    minimus

Not a good mayor, I agree

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I don't know if he's doing a good job or not, but I think his statement that 'living with terrorism is part of living in a big city' is probably the worst statement about terrorism made by a politician since Bush told terrorists to "bring it on" after 911.

• John Free
    John Free

I doubt any London mayor has been discussed on this forum with such interest before. The only reason this one is being discussed is because he is a Muslim.

The British have lived side by side with Muslim communities for many decades- in peace. The current climate of hatred against Muslims will not lead to anything good certainly not a fair and just society.

The level of paranoia in the minds of Adolf Trumps brainwashed followers is unbelievable. - that was for blownaway.

It would be sadly ironic if this anger and fear against Muslims is itself what leads to violance among communities.

We have nothing to fear except fear itself. - someone famous said that.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The British have lived side by side with Muslim communities for many decades- in peace - this is true.

Then, in 1989, British Muslims rioted over the release of a book - a f**king book! - so that its author had to live under police protection in order to protect his life.

This was followed in the late 90s by radical Muslim clerics in Britain preaching death to the West.

Not for nothing was London called Londonistan.

Then came terror attacks including the 7/7 suicide bombings.

The current decade has seen British Muslims leave Britain and commit atrocities abroad.

The hatred is virtually all one-way, save for a few idiots who call Muslims names, rip off a few hijabs or put bacon on mosques' doors.

• Simon
    Simon
    Then, in 1989, British Muslims rioted over the release of a book - a f**king book! - so that its author had to live under police protection in order to protect his life

Yes, they showed that they don't really respect our values and their real masters are overseas. They are the ones that show hatred,

Criticizing their hatred and attitudes is not hatred.

• John Free
    John Free

But blaming the mainstream Muslims because of the brainwashed radicals is not the right way forward. More Muslims are dead because of radical Islam than any other group. And let us not forget the uncomfortable truth that western policy in the Middle East; the illegal Iraq war, the bombing campaign that destabilised Asssad and incubated isis, are responsible for hundreds of thousands of Muslim deaths.

The mayor is a mainstream peaceful Muslim.

Simon your quote of him above should be read in context. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/mar/29/misleading-qa-question-on-sadiq-khan-should-have-been-corrected-abc-admits

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

More Muslims are dead because of radical Islam than any other group - yeah this line is often trotted out.

Radical Islam is a subset of Islam that isn't as easy to define as people may think.

Prophet Muhammad beheaded Jewish prisoners, had slaves, took concubines as war booty, and had sex with his nine year old wife Aisha. He also said if a man changes his religion, kill him.

Was Muhammad a radical Muslim or just a Muslim?

The above comment by John Free is something of a non-argument.

If Islam kills more Muslims than outsiders then it isn't a religion of peace and Western countries should take extreme care with all issues connected to this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit