False Memories

by Jang 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Jang
    Jang

Do any of you know of anyone who is or has been a Jw who has supposedly recovered memories of being sexually or ritually abused as a JW?

I figured that this must have arisen in the Org because of the article they had in the mags about 4 years back on the subject. Since then I have heard of a couple who have claimed to heave been Satanicly Ritually Abused as JW's

My own daughter also claimed this .....She claimed (after being in therapy) that she had been inducted into the coven when we were at a JW BBQ at a brother's home in Springwood, NSW. What happend in our family can be read at http://www.caic.org.au/sra-fms/talkdevil.txt

I would like to gather some figures on how many others in various organizations have had this come up .... especially JW's and fundamentalist christians

I should qualify why I am asking this now: I am trying to do some research on how fundamentalism affects people in this area .....

Thanks heaps

JanG

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

JanG,

I wander how long have you stop becoming a Jehovah's Witnesses? If not a Witness today; then why are you not happy?

• Jang
    Jang

Fred: I am as happy as one can be under the circumstances.

Anyone here who has famly torn apart by the organization's rules who don't have any contact with their family members will understand what I mean.

JanG

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

JanG,

There are many families who was never a Jehovah's Witnesses are turn apart. And they are not blaming the WT because of their broken families too.

• Mulan
    Mulan

There was a woman (50ish) at the conference I was at last weekend, who had this kind of memory. I can't tell you her name, because she asked not to be revealed, but she had quite a story. Satanic ritual abuse, etc., within the Borg. Evidently, if this is a true thing, they are programmed to kill themselves, if they tell, so she was taking quite a risk in telling her story. Also, they are afraid of other repurcussions.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

But you do understand, Mulan, that this almost certainly NOT a true thing?

• Mulan
    Mulan

At this point, I am witholding judgment. She obviously had some kind of terrible, horrendous experience. I wouldn't invalidate her for the world, and I also don't rule out anything anymore. After all, for nearly 50 years, I believe the WT society was God's spokesman.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Mulan,

For fifty years, I thought George Burns was God.

• Jang
    Jang

There are many families who was never a Jehovah's Witnesses are turn apart. And they are not blaming the WT because of their broken families too.

Fred .... if you had read my note properly you would have seend that I am not blaming the WT for it ....

I am seeing information as to how many people who have been raised in fundamentalistic bible teachings have htis problem as agains those hwo haven't ..... are we more predisposed to it because of our background in believing in satan etc.

JanG

• Jang
    Jang

Mulan, they really do believe it all. My daughter does. It is like hwen you tell a lie often enough you end up believing it .... they have told themselves that this is their reality so often that they really do believe it .... after all some authority has told them so and confirmed it ....

On my web page is a report done by FBI agent Lanning ..... interesting reading .... http://www.caic.org.au/zfms-sra.htm

JanG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit