"Two elders..."

"Two elders, who?"

"Two elders who want you to let us in and help you..."

"Help me how?"

"Help you avoid getting disfellowshipped for not letting us in..."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DARK KNIGHT:

I am glad you were honest with these elders and told them you are much happier now that you are out of the JW religion. Ditto.

By the way, I am very sorry about your loss.

I also agree with you that the Witness teaching of seeing dead loved ones in some never-never land would not comfort me either. I'd want to see them now.

I have met more than one person who was absolutely appalled by having Witnesses tell them about this teaching or "hope" after they lost a loved one!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@LongHairGal I appreciate that. They refer to our children as "it's" and my wife quite boldly said "not it. Rose and Anthony."

I was very proud of her for standing up to these guys and defending our little ones. We told them that their life bought us back ours, out of a crazy mind control religion that was making us depressed and unhappy.

Sharing the resurrection "hope" is meaningless for the thinking person. It always goes back to "if God were loving they would still be here or wouldn't have suffered." I think they finally got that.

• steve2
    steve2

They will have answers. They always have answers. They do not stay flummoxed for long. They are JWs. They will have answers, even if to "wait on Jehovah".

Beware of the sugar-coated bear trap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit