Knock knock."Who's there? Two elders!!

by Darkknight757 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

LOL we talked about that too. Live forever? Um...... no thanks. We are just a higher form of animal and therefore die like the others.

I also asked them why the GB refer to themselves as the faithful slave when according to the July 2013 Watchtower page 8 paragraph 19 and their precious bible that it would not be appointed until the GT begins. Then they asked again if I feel the GB are the faithful slave. DUH!! Read your bible.

Both the wife and I told them we are much happier now and that we belong to non religious organizations that show greater love than the J-dubs ever did.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when does the talking snake appear ?

or is the Governing Body a greater fulfillment of that ?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The answers to this thread is why I'm so glad I'm agnostic now. I don't know (or care) if a magic man in the sky created light and trees and the earth. But I do know I'll be dead one day and will either find out then or just become food for worms. That's "the truth".

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@pale.emperor That's basically what I told them. They have no idea if paradise will ever come no more than we know if there is indeed life after death.

They asked if we wanted to see our dead babies agin and that God loves us so much that he made the ransom provision and the resurrection hope.

I told them that God would be loving IF he would have let me have my daughter and son NOW rather than in some imaginary panda paradise.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Sorry about your loss I can't imagine losing children. But in this case I think the elders interest in you was purely compassionate. Not the usual witch hunt. Try reading the gospels and the comforting words of Jesus without the watchtower corrupted take on the scriptures

• dozy
    dozy

Sorry to be pedantic - and I agree with you about the Genesis reference - but why go to the church? Surely their teachings are basically from the bible as well.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there is no one single shred of biblical evidence that the ransom promised a resurrection of hundreds of billions to a paradise earth after The Great T and at the end of the 1000 years,one one single shred.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@dozy. The church was for the annual The Compassionate Friends candle lighting event. It was held at a church. My wife did a PowerPoint presentation with over 80 loved ones who died. Like a yearly Memorial basically but the candle lighting is held every second Sunday in December at 7:00 pm around the world so it's like a wave of light to remember our dead loved ones and that their life will always matter.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

@jookbeard correct. Little do they realize that the resurrection that they speak of is "after the 1000 years have ended" according to revelation. They want to argue scripture.... sure why not 😂😂😂😂

@kairos. I used the February 2017 Watchtower article on them before but IF they come back I will probably start there to help them to appreciate their place. They are just self appointed men and not appointed by Holy Spirit which the GB basically admits in that article.

I also told them that IF they come back to be prepared because if I were to hit them with both barrels, they WILL leave "the truth" and have to go through the depression and the "whys?" like the wife and I did.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    schnell - "Because they want to live forever! Don't you? No? Well you don't want to die, do you? Well, see! You wanna live forever! It's in you to want to keep living, therefore God."

"C'mon you apes! You wanna live forever???"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit