Knock knock."Who's there? Two elders!!

by Darkknight757 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• skimthesurface
    skimthesurface
    Deciduous trees lay dormant throughout the winter, alive but with no leaves, until there is enough heat and sunlight for them to come into leaf.... Possible?
  • schnell
    schnell

Nope. How long is a creation day? Do we really expect trees to lay dormant for thousands or millions of years? Or do we really believe the earth was made in 6 24-hour days 6000 years ago?

• alanv
    alanv

I believe their understanding is that the sun was created in the first opening statement. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. At that time the suns rays could not fully be on the earth because of the water canopy round the earth.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Earth was made in 1919 wait that was the New Earth or wait I'm confused

:(

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Oh I thought the columns of the earth were elephants at first glance Schnell, looking for the turtles they're standing on. That's about the right level of education for the elder's return.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

There were trees in 1919 I've seen pictures :)

• schnell
    schnell
    At that time the suns rays could not fully be on the earth because of the water canopy round the earth.

And yet this water canopy persisted for another 1656 years after the birth of Seth.

Admire the reinterpretations as we might, that's all they really are. Plainly, the earth is not older than the stars either. It's about 4.543 billion years old in a universe that is 13.772 billion years old.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Tough crowd! :)

That's OK

Have a good night gentlemen!

:0)

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Yea bible is quite clear that light isn't the same as the sun which was created on day 4. Considering each creative day was "an extended period of time, it's impossible for GREEN vegetation to come before the sun.

Its like the old "which came first, the chicken or the egg" thing.

They feel that they can talk about the Bible and try to convince me that god exists based off a book of error and that it's ok to use the name "Jehovah"even though it is grammatically incorrect. I also told them I don't believe in the creation story, talking snakes and donkeys and that Satan is nothing more than an invisible boogy man, and I don't believe in him either.

I also asked them how they can champion truth when their version changes constantly. He quotes the "light gets brighter" scripture but I reminded him that he should consider the context and that scripture has nothing to do with "gradual light." We also talked about the ARC and November broadcast and how a GB member admitted they are still "roving about" according to Daniel. I asked them why they follow a religion that admits to still "roving about". LOL

• schnell
    schnell

Because they want to live forever! Don't you? No? Well you don't want to die, do you? Well, see! You wanna live forever! It's in you to want to keep living, therefore God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit