Baptized at 5.

by Lainey 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Lainey
    Lainey

Little Toe

I haven't been to the meetings since Dec 1999, except the memorials. Which I have always hated.

I am on this JW's mailing list from years back, and when she gets something interesting to her, she just forwards it on to all of mailing list.

I was always too embarrased to email her and ask her to stop sending them.

Lainey.xx

• Xena
    Xena

Stranger things have happened.....tyydyy's youngest sister was baptised at 8....she and her sister used to only be allowed to associate with the neighborhood kids if they held bible studies with them....and few elderly people at a nearby old folks home had studies with them, most likely just to have visits, but nonetheless still countable time.

Of course she is now 20...homeschooled but never past about 5th grade level...no job skills...pioneering....living at home with her parents....socially ackward to say the least...and very very bitter. It's a sad thing to see! She had a lot of potential....I hope things go better for this child.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Before we get too carried away...a note of caution.

This story was told to me circa 1992. It probably started right here in the Kansas/Oklahoma/Nebraska area. The story is a bunch of crap.

I want to stress it is the same EXACT story I heard some ten years ago. If this story was true, this child would be about 17 years old.

• jwbot
    jwbot

There was a girl in my parents hall baptized at 7...same situation, home schooled, no social skills, etc. I know her and she is a little doll, so sweet and reads well, giving talks really REALLY young...so I do not disbeleive this story, it certainly could happen! Scary. I also know of a girl a little older than me (she is now 24, I am 21) who had gone through the same thing...and she is not only completely socially inept, she is sort of crazy. She still lives with her parents, and I had spent the night with her, she got all upset when I mentioned I was going to see my boyfriend at the assembly (I was 18, old enough) and she was like "YOU ARE DATING BOYS?!?!?!" And I had to get my mom to calm her down and that "it was ok". She had never dated...but had a bunch of bridal magazines all marked off with book marks...planning her wedding! How creepy is that?

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    She had never dated...but had a bunch of bridal magazines all marked off with book marks...planning her wedding! How creepy is that?

Creepy and sad. She is dreaming about the future and making the only plans she is allowed to make.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Her parents are so strict...and that kind of environment has shown on all 4 of their kids. Their two sons had enough and 1 ran away to Sweden to meet some girls he met on the internet, and the older one also ran away (before the internet, hehe) and both are disfellowshipped...they tried SO hard to have normal lives. The older daughter got married and STILL lives with the parents, she is a sweety and so is the husband...but still... And then of course the girl I am talking about is a nutcase with no social skills. I feel very sorry for her and had still kept contact with her through email until she told me I was bad association. I left it at that. I am mentally healthy and secure...it is obvious what kind of lifestyle messes people up and I am in the wrong? sure....

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Married and lives at home???? Now that's creepy. Talk about control.

I know some dub families exactly like that. One old girlfriend of mine married and moved out. Her mom was at their place every day as her husband was leaving for work. When she got pregnant a year after the wedding they were forced to move back in with her mom. I just can't imagine that. Her husband as no balls. Now mommy gets her daughter and a bonus of a new baby too.

Yeah jwbot we're the bad associations all right.

• jwbot
    jwbot

It seems that none of the young couples that married have any back bone. They are controlled by the society, and especially by the parents and then by the local congregation...Do any of them actually make decisions for themselves? Sheesh!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

blondie wrote:

SFJim, this is still the case, it is just that the WTS can't decide what the "age of accountability"

The WT does NOT believe that children who can be baptized are covered under their parents. In 2002, our CO stated during one of his service talks, that children are NOT covered by their parents righteousness. There were no qualifiers as to age, nothing. This statement was cheerfully made, nestled inside a seemingly innocuous talk, but the statement shocked me, and I wrote it down, I can check my notes if you wish.

The implication is ever more clear: the society wants children baptized as young as possible, or else they would not issue such statements and publish the experiences of young people being baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit