Baptized at 5.

by Lainey 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Lainey
    Lainey

Got this "experience" in an email

It was sent by a Sister I used to know quite well, I think she sent it to encourage me, but it has had the opposite effect.

"____________________
    Baptized at Age 5

The mother and father of a little girl had a Bible study with xxx
    regularly since she was an infant. They stressed setting goals and
    told her what they would like to see her do one day. When they
    told her what she would need to do to be an unbaptized publisher,
    and that it would mean she would have to be able to read, xxx
    practiced every day, over and over.

She started reading and became an unbaptized publisher at age 3.

She joined the ministry school at age 4.

She was baptized at age 5. (She wanted to get baptized at 4, but
    her father said she was too young. Xxx went to the Circuit
    Overseer and told him she wanted to get baptized, but her daddy
    wouldn't let her.)

She started regular pioneering at age 5 ®.

She is now 6 and looks forward to the Memorial where last year
    she brought 5 persons.

She has 5 Bible studies, three are with young ones, two are with
    adults.

She says she wants to be a missionary one day and would love to
    go to Angola...her mother says she can tell you all about the
    statistics there from the Yearbook...

She still does her own personal study for all the meetings.

Her mother says that she has very little association with children,
    except those who are out in the ministry with their parents...all of
    her life she has been around adults who speak about the truth and
    walk the walk.

Is that sad or what.

Lainey

• Gopher
    Gopher

And the JW's say they don't believe in infant baptism! What a crock!! The earliest I'd heard of anyone being baptized into JW-dom was 7, and she couldn't defend anything of what she believed. She wasn't any more special than any of the other kids her age I've seen. She was apparently "persuaded" to do so by her single JW parent.

If a 5 year old can make this MOST important decision in her life (as they say at most JW baptism talks), they might as well let her get married and attempt to bear children too.

I hope for her own sake that she doesn't rebel and get DF'd at, say, the age of 8, and experience the cruelty of shunning.

• greven
    greven

This indeed works counter wise.

How can a girl be deemed immature to marry someone at age 16 but can make a life decision like babtism at age 5? The great JC himself dipped at 30, eventhough he surprised the teachers at age 12. Strange how these people claim to follow the bible.... also they give other religions flack for babtizing kids!

That is ... if this story is true! It reeks of Urban Legend to me. Maybe you could ask to meet this girl and see if it is true.

Greven

• greven
    greven

Hey goph!

Almost simultanous post!

Seems we got one mind eh?

Greven

• Lainey
    Lainey

Greven

That is ... if this story is true! It reeks of Urban Legend to me. Maybe you could ask to meet this girl and see if it is true.

Hell...if I know, I am still on this JW's mailing list, she always sending on JW info to me also it looks like she sent it to about 20 other people.

I don't fancy returning her email and getting in to a long winded JW discussion

Lainey

• Prisca
    Prisca

Her mother says that she has very little association with children,
    except those who are out in the ministry with their parents...all of
    her life she has been around adults who speak about the truth and
    walk the walk.

This little girl is going to grow up into one very socially inept individual. I wouldn't be surprised if her parents home-school her (or plan to home-school her) in order to keep her away from "worldly" kids.

I think she sent it to encourage me, but it has had the opposite effect.

Same here.

Thanks for posting this Lainey. It helps reaffirm what I wanted to escape from. Thank goodness any kids I have in the future won't have the childhood (or lack of it) like this little girl.

• shamus
    shamus

The WTBTS is really slipping, aren't they? They are losing the grasp of reality, that is for sure.

• blondie
    blondie

It was reported that 2 sisters, 6 and 8, were baptized in Chicago, Illinois this year. So I don't doubt that it is possible. I know a little brother who was much like this little sister, read early, on the school at 5, very adult in his speech and actions....he is 18 now and out of the Borg. His parents and others can't figure out what happened.

Blondie

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

If this story is true.......It just proves that little childrens brains are like sponges. This little girl seems exceptionally bright. She probably should be taking music lessons or something.

Lisa

• berylblue
    berylblue

rapturous applause from audience at assembly hall where this "experience" was given

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit