A Salute to Petra/Atlantis

by Slidin Fast 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

I agree with stan.

What happened in that thread was a minor misunderstanding, which got cleared up later. Such things are bound to happen and will happen with public forums such as this site.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon seems to be unusually quiet on this very important topic.

I was busy off doing that "life" thing ...

I couldn't see anything that violated any posting guidelines but as always I can't read everything and if someone believes I've missed something they can always PM me. It looks like a straightforward case of miscommunication where the intent of something said maybe wasn't totally clear and it could be taken different ways.

I would note however that criticism of anyone is allowed. I think we get stronger if we critique our work and sharpen our blade that way. Of course that doesn't mean either that I agree with any criticism states, it's just important that it is allowed and we don't have sacred cows. No one should expect an audience of clapping seals but it's also unfair to judge a group from one persons comments - no one, me included, speaks for everyone else or even anyone else on this site.

Petra / Atlantis have worked tirelessly to delivery and share information and deserve recognition and thanks for that they have done. I can only imagine the time and effort involved in what they do.

Am i missing somehing ? Have some posts been deleted from the thread referred to ? Otherwise..its just a storm in a teacup.

No, they haven't.

• minimus
    minimus

Just don’t criticize me.😘

• John Redwood
    John Redwood
    The comments made by Mike and Kim were completely false and were purely an angry response to the fact that I disputed their claims about the Watchtower congregation corporation documents.

I fully support Atlantis and Petra. They are friends of mine whom I respect and have worked with for several years. We have a very good working relationship and will continue to do so.

Atlantis and Petra did nothing wrong and should not have even been mentioned in any of this.

They scanned and released a few congregation documents which were read by Mike and Kim and many others- and Mike and Kim decided to make a video in which they launched very speculative and baseless theories about a number of things- including floating the idea that Watchtower New York could be preparing to go out of business.

Over on Reddit I pointed out that these documents were nothing new- we have seen nearly identical documents for more than 15+ years. I never said a single word disparaging Atlantis or Petra in any way. They are very good people who have been serving the community for years.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    John Redwood

Mike and Kim decided to make a video in which they launched very speculative and baseless theories about a number of things- including floating the idea that Watchtower New York could be preparing to go out of business.

Mike and Kim don't seem to know how non-profit religious corporations work in the United States. The Watchtower just Can't go out of business. A few hours or research can show how it works.

https://www.501c3.org/who-really-owns-a-nonprofit/

Quote from article

If a charitable nonprofit winds down operations, the board of directors must distribute all of the nonprofit’s assets to another 501(c)(3) after all debts have been settled.

I don't believe the WT is ready to distribute all of its assets to another non-profit organization. They will always adapt and restructure TO STAY IN BUSINESS. None of the GB can run away with the monies. There are strict laws that govern non profit organization. (Restructuring might include selling tons of KHs)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That's very interesting Pistol Pete, though somewhat depressing!!

....kinda sounds like they could morph into another version of themselves, in order to donate to themselves, and so on ad infinitum!!😲😋

• Marcial
    Marcial

Dear Atlantis

I am really sad to see you leave us but was the goal of this detractor or this individual manipulated by who knows who. He will have succeeded in destroying you just as the WATCHTOWER destroys lives by enslaving them. Yet you are precious to us and each of your interventions has allowed us to move forward and free lives from the deadly embrace of this organization. You have the right to stop and we are very sorry for that. No one has had as much influence and perseverance as you to obtain, offer and this without receiving in return also before leaving us receive our infinite thanks. Thank you and that those who have done wrong receive the return of their cruel and wicked shenanigans. Thank you Atlantis we love you.

From France an eternal friendship.

Marcial

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Diogenesister

That's very interesting , though somewhat depressing!!

....kinda sounds like they could morph into another version of themselves, in order to donate to themselves, and so on ad infinitum!!

Yes not the best of news, but they have actually been morphing from one version to another since Charles T. Russell started the whole thing. From bible Students, to Jehovah's Witnesses, to Christian Congregation, and so on. They are just following the lead of the Catholic Church who went from masters of inquisitions to love baby Jesus.

The WT will be around for while. Two billion plus in assets and a continual flow of donations can accommodate Governing body and helpers (lawyers) to navigate the waters of law and politics for quite a long time----more than likely into the next century.

They can eventually get rid of those that are draining the assets, like circuit overseers, full time worker at their headquarters,missionaries, and so on. Just kick them out and tell them-----Jehovah will take care of you.

But eventually they will morph into something else under a different name other than Watchtower. If it was me running the company, I would eventually get rid of the Name Watchtower legally. I would distance the New Restructured company from all negative failed prophesies, scandals, and crazy doctrines, and start over.

I would just wait for the right Time, the right Moment, and evaluate present culture to come up with another religious idea to lure the gullible into the New Organization of the ''True God" and start collecting monies again.

Why do you think the Catholic Church has made it for hundreds and hundreds of years even though history paints it as deplorable, murderous, and so much child sexual abuse that they make cartoons to depict how bad the child abuse actually is.-------IT'S THE MONIES THAT GIVES THEM POWER. THAT'S THE KEY.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    nowwhat? - "why are their feelings hurt over one jerk?"

Never underestimate how badly a deeply sensitive individual can be wounded by stupid shit said by one jerk.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I rarely come on here (or post) anymore. But, I must add to the chorus of support for Atlantis, Petra & Vulcan.

It always brings my wife and I a smile of re-assurance that we made no mistake in walking away from the WT when we see the latest "secret" document almost immediately appear here.

Please re-consider about coming back. And we wish Petra peace and healing during her time away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit