Bible pssssges that are immoral - Lot offering his virgin daughters to be gang raped by homosexual males

by jambon1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Island Man
    Island Man

Jay Hoover hardening Pharoah's heart so he wouldn't release the Israelites so that Jay Hoover would have an excuse to kill thousands of innocent first born children of the Egyptians so that Jay Hoover could make a celebrated name for himself. Isn't Jay Hoover just the epitome of self-less love and compassion?

• millie210
    millie210

I feel a lot better about some of the Genesis stories after listening to Jordan Peterson

https://youtu.be/Ifi5KkXig3s

• rebel8
    rebel8

evilbible.com is a great site that has a lot of this compiled and indexed.

One vow I made to myself when I left the borg is I would dedicate myself to truth, even if it was painful, because I just didn't want to believe any more lies.

I point to the evilbible.com site whenever people make the misguided statement that Jebus was all lovey dovey and the Old Testament is the only hateful part of the bible. The truth is the NT, and Jebus, are very hateful, and anyways Jebus endorsed the OT and old practices.

The bible is a violent, racist, misogynistic, homophobic anthology of hate crimes and rambling nonsense.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Aren't you begging the question here? You're assuming rape and incest are wrong. But if Jehovah is the arbiter of what is moral and immoral, how could any act, no matter how much it might repulse you, be intrinsically wrong? Morality is relative... to Jehovah's absolute fiats.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Btw, according to Michelangelo's painting (on Millie's post) what on earth was Eve up to just before she was so rudely interrupted by a talking serpent?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Let us not forget brothers! Jehober considered Lot as a 'righteous' man. Who are we mere mortals that we should judge Lot in a negative way? Oh my, heaven forbid!

just saying!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

The more I woke up, the more the Hebrew scriptures in particular read like an ancient nomadic desert dwelling tribe justifying their crazy actions through their God.

David committing the grave sin of counting people, and the people paying for it to the tune of something like 17,000 deaths definitely comes to mind.

In judges, when they are to slay a neighboring tribe, but spare the virgin women who have not gone through puberty. That was pretty rough. When the soldiers come back with infants and little children that are not virgin per-pubescent girls....Moses is all like Yo!....I thought I said kill all the boys? So I imagine them being ripped from their older sisters arms, and their throats cut. Jehovah doesn't say or so anything at all about it.

Yeah......really being honest with myself started with those things.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew
    What kind of nutjob asks a father to slaughter his son to prove his loyalty and then says just wanted to see if you'd do it.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
  • Funchback
    Funchback

@ nancy drew...

What kind of nutjob asks a father to slaughter his son to prove his loyalty and then says just wanted to see if you'd do it.

I can imagine Abraham about to cut up his lad, and then God is, like, "Psych! Just playin' man. Grab that tangled ram in the bushes."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit