"We don't do that" - Serena Williams talking about celebrating birthdays

by vivalavida 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

But she does this though ...

Aww man, I love liquorice and hot chocolate.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not surprised by this at all. I know many inactive JWs who do the exact same: it’s the fornicating/no-Christmas combo formulation for inactive JW approval/salvation.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

I dont think she was ever baptized or knows what its like to grow up in a "real' JW household. I have a feeling famous JW's like her & Coco Rocha give the Borg large donations so they just look the other way. Or maybe not, either way they are giving publicity to JW's and that may be a good thing.

https://www.fairobserver.com/region/europe/jehovahs-witnesses-women-religion-serena-williams-news-81664/

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I get people can think jehovah will forgive old"sins" - but not getting baptised?? Is he going to be ok with that???

There's a You Tuber called True faced. He uncle is Stevie Wonder's guitarist. Very musical family, all of 'em baptised jws, except this uncle. But the high livin', famous, unbaptised ARSEHOLE actually SHUNS True Faced worse than any of them for dissassociating himself.

Reckon they reason their fame and undoubted and talent precludes them from baptism, yet Jehovah understands because they give him such a good WITNESS. Utterly proves its not about god for most jws.

Forget secret person of the heart, Jehovah's only interested in show.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and whats this "WE" ?

oh yes--members of an exclusive sect. the royal "we" means--us--not you !

i can just hear my born in first wife saying it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Wow, that WT crap really does get in to select places in a persons mind palace. Lol.

Gotta say tho WT does a great job in teaching people how to be blind and deaf to their own crap.

"We don't do that" haha!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Talk about straining the knat and gulping down the camel....if she were baptised she'd be DF right about now for conceiving the child out of wedlock.
    I cant believe how backward that is. Thinking Jehovah is ok with her having a baby before marriage, but loses his shit over a birthday celebration.
    Have a baby, then get married, no problem for a jw! But to celebrate a birthday for a lovely child is a huge no no for a jw! wtf
    A married ... 'elder', in a Texas congregation was having an affair with a married 'sister' in the congregation. ...he could be heard by all in the congregation telling the EMT's "No blood! No blood! I do not accept blood!"
    May be WT came up with a new light that children could be borne without wedlock but celebrating birthdays is still demonic ?
    Yes Yahweh will cast down burning stones from heaven onto children if they celebrate a child's birthday.
    All keen observations of JW double standards. It's a great reminder of what Watchtower's heavy indoctrination can do to people's common sense.
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

So sad. My jw family shared this news in a family app.

I have to hold my self giving a reaction.

The Orwellian world of JW's, I shoulld say.

G.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • steve2
    steve2

It’s the lame, “I may not be active, but at least I don’t [insert minor frowned-upon action].”

My own take on this ‘mental compartmentalising’ is that it requires a certain amount of blinkered gullibility...and in JWland, that’s in plentiful supply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit