by Funchback 47 Replies latest social current

• Special K
    Special K

Maybe it's the opposite in this case..

He is Guilty until proven Innocent.

special K

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hi Jwbot, : To me, that is a non-issue, there is a HUGE difference between consensual sex...no matter how often that happens, and RAPE. This should be a non-issue, if not, we have a long way to go in this country. In general, it should be a non-issue. But in a "he-said, she-said" case like this, it makes a difference. To see this, turn it around. Suppose Jack is known for having a different girl every night. One day he files charges against a rich girl and claims she drugged him and then forced herself on him. How much credibility should we give him if the rich girl claims it was consensual sex? If he's in the habit of having consensual sex with a lot of women, why should anyone think that this instance was any different? The point is that general behavior has to influence our view of who is more believable in a "he-said, she-said" situation. The same applies to general, non-sexual behavior. If a person can be proved to be a habitual story-teller, a habitual liar, then we shouldn't trust him. Crying wolf may not always be a lie, but if you do it too often, it's your lookout.

: Agreed...if this is true...that IS an odd thing to do My suspicion is that a great deal of the case will hinge on this.

: Heresay... Sure, but only on this board. You can bet that by the time such information gets to court, it won't be hearsay. Last night's news also mentioned the many 911 calls.

: Agreed! And if he is found innocent, charges should be brought against the girl...because this will look VERY bad and be of no help to women who actually do get raped and then violated again by police and lawyers! Absolutely! But it'll be tricky for the legal system to handle. My impression is that the local DA and others are using this case for a variety of political and economic ends having nothing to do with the actual case. Most major players in such high profile cases are extremely aware of political fallout and will do all that it takes to avoid making a bad image of their institutions. If it turns out that the girl is proved to be whacked out, it would be extremely bad politically to go after her. I suspect that there'll be hell to pay by the people using the case for political and economic ends. An irrelevant BTW: The opening image on your website is fantastic. You have a great career in graphics ahead of you, I think. Do you want a professional contact? AlanF

• jwbot
    jwbot

teejay:

Yeah... that's the general idea.

In the meantime, the smart/fair/objective of those among us are kinda waiting until all the evidence is presented BEFORE we decide to go ahead and lynch him - regardless of the court's decision. Maybe you should try it?

Enough of your attacks already. The only person passing judgement is you on me. That is just not being fair. Maybe take your own advice? ;)

• jwbot
    jwbot

Thanks AlanF. I am currently running my own business, but I have not had time to work hard on it, but we (my BF and I) have already 3 steady clients... The site you looked at is my personal site, and I hope to work out all the bugs in the next month or so (Like I said, busy busy busy).

Back to the topic at hand, I pretty much agree with everything you said about the case :)

• teejay
    teejay

>>>>> Enough of your attacks already. The only person passing judgement is you on me. That is just not being fair. Maybe take your own advice?

Jwbot,

I'm sorry for the tone of my comments to you in this thread. I went back to the beginning and to my chagrin discovered that I had confused you with Stacy and with (what I thought were) the unfair, misguided and ill-formed statements *she* had made.

I feel especially bad for saying addressing you in the way I did since it was ironically in the same unfair way that others have mistreated Kobe in this thread. I would have come here sooner but my posting limits had expired.

Again, sorry for coming across like a jerk when you did not have it coming... not in the least.

Peace (I hope)

• jwbot
    jwbot

Thanks teejay :)

My posting limit ran out yesterday too! :)

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I had confused you with Stacy and with (what I thought were) the unfair, misguided and ill-formed statements *she* had made.

Yeah you should know who you are directing your tone too.

Again, sorry for coming across like a jerk when you did not have it coming

Yeah I'm the one who deserves a jerk in her face. I'm glad you got it right. Poor jwbot didn't

Silly me thinking that a woman who has had more than one sex partner might actually like having rough sex that results in bruises and blood coming out of her vagina. She probably was just into it and then decided to take advantage of innocent Kobe who really was only cheating on his wife.

But let's let the jury convict Kobe. Instead people on this base can spend time convicting a pompous radio host.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Stacy, are you saying you don't like blood coming out of your vagina from rough sex??? Er...yeah I will have to agree with Stacy here...

This is an odd case indeed. Rape should not be taken lightly. The press should not be running either of their backgrounds through the mud (well...they mainly attacked the girl...actually). I just can't wait till the whole thing is over, and justice is served and the truth surfaces.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit