Kobe is Kooked

by Funchback 47 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

I know that his guilt or innocence has yet to be determined in a court of law. But, the initial indications ain't looking good in Kobeville. His attorney made some questionable moves during the trial yesterday. Also, I don't know if it's because he's just immature or just unwise, but he keeps doing all of these "theatrical" moves to, in my opinion, win public sympathy: "Look at my new tattoos!", "I love my wife SO much!", "I'm being persecuted.", "We didn't have sex..." then "We DID have sex, but it WAS consensual."

I wish Kobe would just silence himself and let the facts speak. He's trying to hard to paint himself as this good-guy-I'm-a-victim person. The more I hear him talk, the more annoyed I become.

Anyhoo, I feel sorry for the alleged victim if she was raped because this trial and the things that will be brought up will probably make her feel raped all over again.

In the early going, though, I say that Kobe is cooked kooked. So is Mayor John Street.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I agree, some of the evidence that has surfaced to the media is not making Kobe look good either. Bruises on her neck? bleeding for a day after the incident from her vagina? Several people staying at the hotel seeing her imediately after looking upset and disheveled? Hmm.... not so good...

• rocketman
    rocketman

This case will dominate the NBA this season, obviously.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I wish Kobe would just silence himself and let the facts speak.

*cough* uh... Kobe probably knows better than you if that's a good idea, don'tcha figure?

• Funchback
    Funchback

SixofNine-

I know you're trying to make a funny but it went right over my big ol' head.

I prefaced my comment with:

I know that his guilt or innocence has yet to be determined in a court of law.
    With that said, I am simply offering an opinion. Kobe is just acting like a nut.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

It isn't looking to good for him. If he made a mistake and it was consensual sex, he would have been better off to have come clean right from the start. The fact that he first denied it and only admitted to it after DNA evidence, doesn't go to well for his innocence.

Will

• berylblue
    berylblue
    It isn't looking to good for him. If he made a mistake and it was consensual sex, he would have been better off to have come clean right from the start. The fact that he first denied it and only admitted to it after DNA evidence, doesn't go to well for his innocence.

Will

That only tells me one thing: He was afraid.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Kobe is typical of the superstar that is used to getting his way. When he finally doesn't he has no idea of how to act. I'm sure he feels helpless as though he is drowning.

I don't feel sorry for him. His defense has done lots to make this girl look bad in the media prior to the trial. Another sign of guilt in my book. Victimize the victim.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Funch, my point is that if the facts won't speak favorably for someone, that someone probably knows that about those facts. Hence my comment that Kobe knows best about whether or not he should just be silent "and let the facts speak".

• freedom96
    freedom96

Still blows my mind to think of someone with so much athletic talent, and a bright future only imagined by billions of people, can be so stupid to do something to ruin his life.

People in his situation, where the media and public see him all the time, must adhere to a higher standard, otherwise they find themselves in a situation like this.

Even if he is innocent of rape, he suffered bad judgment that day by even fooling around with her. All it takes is the acusation, and he is toast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit