More cracks in the dam - WTS pleading for elders "in their early 20s"

by FFGhost 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The internet generation has grown up and the GB has lost a lot of their stronghold on people. It probably wasn't a smart move to announce it.''

Yeah. Forgot to mention earlier on , maybe I did.

The internet era is a game changer.

I don't know if we promote Rick Fearons Six Screens here or Not, but here goes.

One poignant point by a caller a few weeks ago made an outstanding comment.

I believe it was Nov, Dec somewhere. She related that in the last 20years with the internet movement, the GB knew their goose was cooked. They are doing all they can to stop the leaks in the ship. that's all they can do. In the last 20yrs with the explosion of websites, youtube and so o n.....

• St George of England
    St George of England

Two elders i know personally are under 30. The younger one is 25 and was appointed about 2 years ago, the other is just about 30 and has been an elder for 3 or 4 years. They have to appoint these youngsters as the majority of our elders are well over 70 and no longer have the health and energy they used to have.

George

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I have seen this problem of not having enough real men to take the job on. It was back in the 1880s and Wil Anderson was his name and he needed real men, "Cowboys", for a 400-mile cattle drive to market. After trying to find real men for the cattle drive, Mr. Anderson ended up going to the schoolhouse and recruiting 11 young men. In fact, the one really young boy asked if he could come and Mr. Anderson had him come to stand in front of the chalkboard and drew a mark on the chalkboard a few inches above his head and said, "Anyone as tall as this mark is welcome to come". Mr. Anderson left and the other boys came up to the front and took the chalkboard off of a few books to lower the standard so their friend could come. The story ends with Mr. Anderson being shot and killed, and the eldest of the boys takes the lead and tells all the others, "Well, come on, we're burning daylight" a favored expression of Mr. Anderson. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068421/

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

So Atlantis has now posted the letter…. Unreal.

These clowns have really jumped the shark.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

The Borg well knows due to the internet and other research resources that there are a plethora of dubs (yung wuns, in particular) who are getting to know TTATT and waking up. So, they maintain subliminal control in order to continue their main objective: $$$$$$$, this cultcorporation is begging for these yung adults to stay in the organization and move up the corporate ladder as company men.

Hopefully, for those who are waking up, they will realize that WT doesn't really give a damn about them. These should endeavor to attend college/university and embark on stable careers. This corporation disguised as a religion is a Taker and not a Giver!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This, IMO, is why they quietly reversed the position that former sex offenders could not serve as congregation servants a few years back...

...the pool of willing (and able) "qualified brothers" was getting too damn shallow, thus making it harder to run the Org at the grassroots level.

'Course, the deeper you scrape the bottom of the barrel, the poorer the quality of product you find.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Vidiot - ..the pool of willing (and able) "qualified brothers" was getting too damn shallow, thus making it harder to run the Org at the grassroots level.'Course, the deeper you scrape the bottom of the barrel, the poorer the quality of product you find

Oh you got that right, I have seen the dumbest of people appointed on the grounds of being a good "company man".

RB

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Oh you got that right, I have seen the dumbest of people appointed on the grounds of being a good "company man".

A real blessing was cutting the Public Talk from an hour to 45 minutes to just 30 minutes.

The pain of sitting through one being given by an unqualified elder has been greatly reduced.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Someone told me there was 21 year old elder in Philadelphia in the late 1990’s. I don’t know him.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    D.O.C. says:
    A real blessing was cutting the Public Talk from an hour to 45 minutes to just 30 minutes.

That speaks volumes...when Mother (WT) herself reduces the Elders' public talks in half...from 60 minutes to 30 minutes. It shows She can't trust her own Dudes to 'Carry A Tune' so to speak. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if she were cut the PublicTalk to 15 minutes in the not too distant future!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit