Disturbance during Memorial 2016.

by Ben131895 53 Replies latest jw friends

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    May I add, you will have much more success coming to a site like this where you can deconstruct there beliefs or can participate in a healthy, respectful debate about there mandates. There is more success with people coming to these sites, as we have seen in the last couple of months than any protest or disturbances in my opinion.
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    At the same time, you can't unhear something. It's another seed which might grow in the future! There's always going to be the ones who stick to the cult mode of blocking out anything that isn't from the GB. My mother is one. She told me flat out, even if she believed it was all a load of crap she would still believe it, LOL! On the other hand there are plenty who are having doubts. It's another topic of research for them to consider and it happens to be the holy of holies for them - refusing the body of Christ! If any topic is worth pushing on them it's this one.
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Only people researching outside of the org. come here. What about the ones who go by the teachings to not do so? They would never hear about the child sex abuse scandal, the property scandal, the wrong teaching about not partaking etc. If there ever was a time for agressive activism to be worthwhile, it's NOW! Strike while the iron is hot! It's a chance that needs taking while independent news outlets are hot on the collar of the org. They need attacking from all angles. Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of one on one agressive activism but en masse is something entirely different.

• Virran
    Virran

I just watched the Unwitness and friggin loved it. We need more of this. They do invite the public, they do say it's personal to take part and people do have the right to stand up to a lie who's main purpose is to minimize Christ.

This is a cult who's members are not allowed to discuss, to read the Bible by itself, to think, therefore it leaves not many other options than this. And no, you can't just "discuss" with a JW, believe me, I have tried.

I'm sure there are many in that cong that are already awake and many that are on the border, have doubts etc. This can very well give them that nudge to do deeper research.

These activist should wear t-shirts with JWFacts.com printed in large on both front and back and reveal them as soon as they stand up.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I dunno.

I would think a more effective campaign so to speak would be to teach non-JWs in a non-emotional way what this group is really about and then let householders start anti-witnessing.

My brother has the ARC Washington Post article at his door and is waiting for the next Witness to come to his door so he can ask them to explain the WTS's position on it.

Seems to me that if you equip enough households with information like this, the preaching work may end.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The guy is so inarticulate that he is unable to construct an effective argument. What is the point of what he is doing? He's nothing but a lout and a total asshole.

• Village Idiot
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

skedaddle:

If nobody is partaking of the emblems then what exactly is being disrupted?

Their sleep.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

I have no issue with these guys doing this. If it helps them cope I'm fine with it.

That said this sort of display accomplishes the exact opposite of what they're trying to achieve unfortunately.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    I thought that shit was hilarious 😂😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit