giving to jehovah part this week

by road to nowhere 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I know of some missionaries in Africa who donate their meager monthly allowance to the poor brothers who struggle to feed their families...while the WT has the best facilities and maintains their recent vehicles so they can continue doing their business...In my country the WT is registered as a "charitable organization" but I've yet to see money or aid flowing towards the needy. The only form of charity comes from the generosity of local brothers and the WT takes full credit.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZEB & DIOGENESISTER:

No, I don’t know of anybody who was ever helped by the religion....But, the people in the religion who bought the garbage of not getting college/career and who are barely scraping by are being asked for money constantly.

I just recently informed an old JW friend of mine what my stand is about the whole thing:..I told this person that because I was denounced for my full time job (that I wisely kept until retirement) and treated like shit in the congregation because of it, that I won’t give money to any JWs and they can GO ask somebody else..They responded with the usual nonsense and straw-man argument with anecdotes of other JWs who supposedly ‘have good jobs/professions and still serve Jehovah and will give to those in need’. I was unmoved and unfazed and said this was MY experience and those are my feelings on the matter!

While this isn’t the only reason I’m out, it’s up there in the top two or three.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

[Removed]

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

God! I hate that F'n religion. I am so glad I am out.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If I was there I would tell the CO, so does this mean you won't be taking any green handshakes?!

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Over my 60+ years in the WT I've occasionally seen kind brothers and sisters help others out - but it's been rare. My husband I have helped brothers and sisters when we were able. But in my experience never, ever have the WT organisation stepped up and it's not often a witness will help, either. They will help their 'friends' in the congregation.

When my husband was sick and couldn't work and we had literally nothing coming in, all I ever got from people in my congregation was 'I'll pray for you' and then to rub salt into the wound I was counselled by the COBE for not having enough money to attend the convention!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

In my experience I've known individuals help others discreetly and anonymously. But I have never known of the congregation helping as a whole. There are/were kind individuals who helped with their own money and with , i believe, genuine motives. When a sister lost her daughter a certain mature elder, now passed away, gave her a meaningful sum of money to defray the cost of her flying to Africa to attend to matters. But the body of elders as a whole always seemed reluctant/unwilling to help.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Yeah, A sister with three young kids and a abusive husband (not a JW) , who kicked her out on a winter night for being at the meeting. He just locked the doors on her. With nowhere to go she turned to all for help ie elders etc first and no one gave any thought or reached out to help. My parents (not blowing my own trumpet herebut stating facts) went to the Khall and brought her and her three kids homw. Put her up for three weeks with no one lending a helping hand or just visiting her to encourage or give moral support her. We were like an extended family fo rher and her kids, took them to school etc. All the while being at the meetings and no one cared what was going on and how she was getting along away from the comfort her own home. She was left all alone to look for her own devise .

Should have awakened then?.....

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    letter: "your donations were used AMONG OTHER THINGS.........."

The Montana child sex abuse case damages of $35 million is one of those 'Among Other Things' not specifically mentioned as an expense. If you divide $35 million by 120,000 congregations of JWs...that factors out to a $300 one time hit for each congregation...and that's just the Montana case!

Me is highly confident that WT is not being transparent enough about what 'Jehovah's' dedicated funds are really being spent on.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Hi! Let us change our mind and sing a little and forget some so much money thirsty US cults :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit