Will I be disfellowshippwd

by Sydney 42 Replies latest social relationships

• Sydney
    Sydney

Y'all I am an unmedicated bipolar. I had a mania streak and slept with my bf who is of the world. I am pregnant from this. I don't know how the elders will deal with it. Is there any way that I could just anul m baptism or something I got baptized 2 weeks ago btw.

• Elena
    Elena

Sydney you will not be DFed if you say you are sorry it’s that simple

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

NB you won't be able to continue the relationship..unless you marry. Have you been together very long? It sounds to me as if the mania caused you to get baptised!!!

Btw you mention you're unmedicated. Does that mean you're not diagnosed properly? I only ask because sometimes younger people can be mistaken for bipolar when they're actually ADHD.... particularly girls. Females with ADHD can present quite differently.

I've never heard of anyone's baptism being annulled but if you can prove you were unwell when you got baptised it's possible....we need the ex elders on the board to weigh in on this one. Apparently rules have become more relaxed recently.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Choose the first Elder you talk to about this, very carefully.

Choose the softest one you know.

He will most likely be on your committee. Don't go to any hardliner, even if you have known him for years. As rule-book people, will always be rule-book people.

• Listener
    Listener

Sydney, are you seeking any medical assistance at all? I would focus on this in the first instance as being pregnant could cause issues, along with having to deal with the Elders. It is important that you and your unborn baby are safe and healthy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Listener’s advice is quite right.. seek the correct medical and social help. For the congregation, just throw yourself on their mercy. Remember that elders are human so make sure they get the full story. Forget about the Holy Spirit, this is a trial by men .

Rehearse some phrases to use and speak out . A friend of mine was so nervous she clammed up and the elders mistook that for belligerence.

With the new emphasis on mercy and your newness, you should be ok. Best of luck.....

• Elena
    Elena

The new changes after Norway mean you won’t be shunned or at least only soft shunned and the elders will jump through hoops to get you reinstated.

The worst that could ever happen is a 90day sanction and they will go to Herculean efforts to get you to agree to be reinstated

• Elena
    Elena

The new light means you can sit back and the elders have direction to go to tremendous efforts to get you to agree to be reinstated.

You can basically say I will only agree to be reinstated if I get the answers to these questions and then have a list of questions written out and give the elders 1 week to give written answers to all of them.

some examples are

Who will be killed at Armageddon? Have you got a better chance if you die before or is it exactly the same chance as Br Jackson claims?

Do the GB claim to be Gods spokesmen on earth or is this a human run organisation?

Is the JW doctrine that Jesus was enthroned as king in 1914 using the 77 week prophecy?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Test case for the new light. My bet is the old dark clouds are still present blocking it.

The natural progression is moving into marriage.

Knowing a health problem is over half the battle.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA
    Test case for the new light. My bet is the old dark clouds are still present blocking it.

Yes a good test case.

I want to hear what this new light is actually going to work in practice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit