Do You Think People Have Forgotten About 9/11?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• peacefulpete
  • minimus
    minimus

Unfortunately, divisive politics is the norm. Some men did not destroy the infrastructure as some planes didn’t cause 9/11

• LV101
    LV101
    I'm sure many returned to the halls following 9-11 -- and took a hiatus shortly thereafter, but I recall hearing about this.
  • LV101
    LV101

Clearly CNN/NY Times' crazy hype -- the infractructure was hit by planes being driven by Muslim terrorists. Minnesota Representative "Some People Did Something" more of the leftist crazy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Certainly on this side of the Atlantic the anniversary passed with hardly a mention. One had to look on the "USA News" section of the main media webpages to see that it was happening. On tv it was way down the list and I saw no mention in newspapers.

So yes, to Min's question. The early year's commemoration got great publicity. Now it is pushed to the background.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A few programs shown on TV here in Australia that we watched that brought back memories of that tragic day.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Yes Smiddy3, I saw those programs too and recorded them to dvr. The next generation (my daughter) will be educated about this when appropriately old enough to be exposed to such horror.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

I always remember it, and I always will.

was a shock to see it on tv, specially when the towers came down in front of the whole world.

I remember all the documentaries afterwards about the ones that went through this horrible death.

their goodbyes over the phone to their loved ones, the interviews of family members, the stories of the firefighters and medical staff involved.

I’ll never forget it.

I’m appalled to learn that people made jokes about such a situation. So insensitive and shows no love for others, which is what we all should show towards those that have been or are in pain.

We should remember all wars and horrible events, not only 9/11.

We must remember and learn... a mistake is only a mistake once... twice made....it’s simply stupidity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit