Invasion of the Asian lady beetles

by freein89 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

see xjw? Your article says they DO bite. (The info I found said they don't. LIARS) Like the one that landed on my leg. Guess he liked the taste!

Well, we had to close all the windows and turn on the air. I hate that, since it's so beautiful outside. I can see them swarming all over the balcony...waiting, waiting.....for me to crack the door......not today ladies...not today...

• garybuss
    garybuss

We have them here in South Dakota too. Swarms of em and they DO bite. They have forced me indoors already.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I live in central WI. They are here. They are there. They are everywhere. I'm sitting on the deck and they're dive bombing me. They stink if you crush them. I got out my trusty dirt devil and have been busy sucking up those dirty little buggers for the past two days...along with wasps (how do they get in? I'd love to know!) and other nasty little critters. Ahhhhh...the joys of bugs. I hope they're all enjoying their little convention in my vacuum cleaner dirt bag.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Live in midwest also; they are Asian beetles, not ladybugs. What they are is a royal pain in the a**. I have thousands flying when it is hot and they get into the house; I vacuum them up many times each day. Yuk! They can stain carpet and clothes too............so don't smash em.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Two years ago I rented a cottage for a week at Wasaga Beach and the place was infested with them, and they DO bite!!! I was bitten lots of times!

Some vacation.

Walter

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hey I saw one of those the other day. Thought it was rather unusal. Hope not too many go through customs and come up north

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Lady Lee they don't discriminate. They are on a roll~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

Old Crow

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Today wasn't as bad as the past two days.....but damn, how many of these bugs are out there!

I am glad that some of you have noticed that they bite too! I mentioned it to my husband and he says it was in my head! They are nasty!

From what I understand they can get thru the tiniest of cracks. Last night I took off the light fixtures to vacuum what was in the globes and they were literally coming out in droves from the ceiling!

Very few things in life give me the heebie jeebies, but this many bugs at one time is one of them! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit