Jehovah's Witness' bid to be excluded from abuse inquiry dismissed

by Tahoe 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"I’m starting to wonder if they even know how to talk any other way."

When you see Borganizations doing this,,talking out of both sides of their mouth,,,,it proves they speak from nobody other than,,,themselves. You get these blatant contradictions and they caught with them.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Has a date been set for when they will appear in court.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Another Australian Royal type commission.

The Borg could have its britches dropped and its behind spanked blue again!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    because they do have a hierarchical system that allows adults to have charge over children who aren't their own. Insisting that children be always involved in activities with unrelated adults was always going to create a vulnerability.

They also don't recognise children as children - expecting them to "keep up" with the adults. In terms of trying behaviour standards - such as long hours of meeting attendance even on school nights. But also adult mandated activities e.g. preaching to and with strangers and arranging and giving talks with unrelated adults.

Children get zero consideration due to their age so why would watchtower prioritise their safety?😡

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Diogenesister, BigDog in this thread was saying that the organisation doesn't simply not have room for children in the way they do things, but that it actively dislikes children because they bring no advantages to the organisation and they divert resources away from it.

It reminds me of a documentary I saw about Nazi death camps. A commandant of such a camp was asked why no compassion was shown to children. To him, children were just "useless eaters". He could justify providing a bare minimum of resources to keep his adult slave workers alive, but he saw no point in keeping children alive.

When he made those comments, it chilled me how similar the WT attitudes and those of the Nazi war-machine were.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Not FormerThank you yes, went back & read it. Very true.

NFWasn't there a leak that a New Zealand elder said that they had been instructed by Bethel to get a shredder and delete anything CSA related?

Yes I believe so, at least according to an article posted.

This made me chuckle....(from Tahoe's article)

"During yesterday's proceedings, Justice Rebecca Ellis was critical of the overly complicated outlaying of the church's case. Today she quipped she had already worn out her highlighter pen during the church's submissions."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Here’s a tip, sports fans…

…if you’ve resorted to misdirection, obfuscation, and semantic pretzel-twisting to defend your case…

…you have no case.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous
    In the end what really happened with the Australian investigation? Besides some bad news that JWs won’t believe anyway, not much, they moved the money out of the the international branches, did they even pay a fine or have anyone arrested? No, they got a few angry letters from some bureaucrat and that was that.
  • NotFormer
    NotFormer

New Zealand just changed governments. I don't know what effect, if any, that might have on the inquiry.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Jake on his Altworldly youtube channel is doing a live feed @12:30 pm eastern time sun Oct 29.

(Live feed minus all the commercials,,ah yes thats all I can handle)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit