Where the real abuse lies.

by ctrwtf 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The abuse starts from infancy!! Horrible pictures in magazines/books right through childhood of people burning alive and ground swallowing people up. Maybe that's why I'm so f#@$ed-up.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Amen bruthah (Sistah). Amen. Survivor's guilt ****ed me up so bad for years. The idea that a p.o.s. like me would survive while all these wonderful people around me would be slaughtered just because they didn't follow a certain religious brand of doctrine was just... untenable.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

My kids are now out and I can see the damage done to them for this and lots of other reasons, for me the 'no part of the world', bad associations crap, being exluded from celebrations, activities and normal friendships, these are all part of the same damaging, abusice package. What a relief they've moved on whilst still young.

But to be honest are there are a lot of witnesses who don't really believe this 'everyone else will die' teaching. A lot of them will say things like 'Jehovah reads hearts' ' he won't allow anyone deserving to die' 'we have to trust in him to do the judging' etc. anyone who is compassionate does not go around gloating that billions of people will die. But they haven't properly considered what the society actually teaches on this matter, never mind the softened version they comfort themselves with.

This was one of the reasons I woke up, I went searching for a definitive answer in the archives, or from the GB. What did I find? The official teaching of course is that the jw organization is the modern day ark and you have to be in the ark to survive. One of the nails in the coffin was Anthony Morris in a talk saying 'don't think your nice uncle Johnny will survive just because he is a good person' and then he went on to describe the Armageddon dead as 'charred flesh, like hotdogs roasting on a spit'. What a charmer!

So now when brothers and sisters try to get me to come back with their personal sanitized version of Armageddon 'Jehovah will surely save others etc' , because it makes them feel better, I ask them, 'find me that in writing in the watchtower' . Guess what? no one has yet come back with an answer...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know personally of extremely hardcore JW's who only believe that only JW's will survive into the ''New World''.

I know also a lot of hardcore JW's who have the sentiment that ''not only JW's will survive into the New World!!''

Depends who you know I guess.

They don't even know what they're talking about at times. That's because they don't know at all probably.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The issue of preservation or destruction is older than Christianity, but since we are talking about people claiming to be Christians (of any brand) its good to remember that this is a topic that Jesus personally propagated.

Explicitly in Matthew 25:41. And implicitly in Matthew 24:9-22 and Revelation 19:17-21.

I could quote a heap more texts, except that I'm tired of quoting the poor deluded bugger, who is really responsible for all the problems alluded to in the past few posts. It all starts with Jesus.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Ctrwtf, I would like to know how old are you. I'm wondering if kids and young adults still feel this way?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    But to me the biggest atrocity committed by this awful cult is raising children from a small age to believe that soon god will kill billions of people

I agree this is a horrible thing. It's not unlike the people who stood idly by while the the Germans killed the Jews. The mental toll it takes to make yourself OK with the idea of the gruesome deaths of billions of people is no small thing.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

@Clarity. Exactly. I cringe when I think about an essay I wrote in my senior year of HS. The civics teacher wanted everyone to write about their ideal job. Well I vividly recall writing that I wanted to be a JANITOR.

How f'd up is that?

@Crazyguy. I'm 52.

Thankfully my whole immediate family is out. Both my kids saw the lies at an early age and (hopefully) aren't as affected by the cult because we left while they were still pretty young.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Unfortunately, the hard-liner people cannot or never will see the lies, even if they are presented right before them.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Its not about what is worst.

But......the fact we could have a legitimate conversation over what may be "worst" among a list of the horrific.....says something already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit