What JW belief/idea do you disagree with the most ???

by run dont walk 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

The blood issue...I watched my best friend's father die in front of me.

Subjection of women....it was ok for my husband to beat me up, as long as I was in subjection.

Child abuse (spare the rod)....I truly believe my sister is dead because of it. She wasn't as strong as I was.

Jehovah will straighten it out in his due time.....meanwhile children are molested, my grandmother is abused mentally, and my niece runs away.

grrrrrr.........

• freedom96
    freedom96

Quite a few actually, more than I have time to type down.

A few of the biggies is that there will be paradise on earth, no heavenly hope for believers, and that they are the only ones that will survive.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

That sex is sinful.

I guess what especially burns me up is the whole "No Independent Thinking" doctrine. Yikes. Most religions only hint at it, they come right out and shout it!

Reminds me of that Simpsons when Ned Flanders ruled the world - "Everybody smile... Just relax and let the hooks do their work."

CZAR

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Run don't walk.. haven't seen you around for a bit.. nice to see you back..

#1. The jw belief I disagree with the most.. is the Disfellowshipping and shunning thing.

... The second place setting given to women.. the blood issue..child abuse.. all TICK ME OFF immensely.

but Disfellowshipping is the Worst.. I guess that's because I'm disfellowshipped and shunned.

Again .. nice to have you back around the forum run don't walk..

sincerely

special k

• shotgun
    shotgun

Present truth.....Todays truth is tomorrow's disfellowshipping offense.....

Get on board with the new troofs...choo...chooo.....

• Soledad
    Soledad

there were a few already mentioned that I also hated with a passion

1. no blood based on a ridiculous interpretation of Acts 15
    2. women in subjection--I saw too many being abused, stalked, harassed, you name it, and noone gave a damn
    3. everyone who is not a Witness will be destroyed at Armageddon. I remember clearly some discussions that took place in the meeting prior to field service where an elder or MS would try to make us understand that we couldn't just out and say that when going door to door. I always thought to myself "what a bunch of lyers and hypocrites."
  • Poztate
    Poztate

The number one worst thing they have are their shunning beliefs.This is the WHIP that keeps every one in line(unified).

Take the whip away and their little house of cards would fall apart.They might even start to be just like any other religion.

Blood to me is number two but if you didn't have shunning many would just ignore the blood doctrines.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I disagree with all of them. Most importantly the discouragement of higher education.

• starfish422
    starfish422

Oh, gosh, where to begin??

I guess the biggest one, that has affected almost ALL aspects of JW beliefs over the years, is new light. The fact that people accept this crap over and over again, wild pendulum swings explained by the standard "new light" garbage, is beyond me. I can believe it of dopey people; but not some of the more intelligent ones I knew.

• undercover
    undercover

Who is mediator between God and man? Is it Christ? Is it the Governing Body? Is it the 1440,000 or the earthly remnant thereof? What does the Bible say versus what the WTS says in the WT magazine?

Prove 1914, 1919 and 1935 using only the Bible.

The generation that was alive during 1914 has passed away. There may be some oldtimers left but by and large and by Biblical standards that generation is gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit