What JW belief/idea do you disagree with the most ???

by run dont walk 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• integ
    integ

That the 7 trumpet blasts of Revelation refer to Bible Student conventions in the 1920's. When we all know it was the seven farts J.F. Rutherford emitted in a bathtub in 1923...Geez, I wish the Society would get it straight.

Integ.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

The one that really gets me is that a little baby shouldn't have blood to save its life because that a sin. I wonder if the old farts in New York had the guts to go to a hosiptal, look at an inocent little baby and tell that one, "we think it is better for you to die than live" What makes these morons ever think they have that right? For a parent to give up their live for thier child is noble. ASKING FOR A CHILD TO GIVE UP THEIR LIFE FOR THEIR PARENTS BELIEF SYSTEM IS A CRIME.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Where do I start? There are so many now.

The 1914 doctrine is the basis for a whole load of stuff. Once that's found to be false, it's clear that the 1919 divine appointment teaching is hooey. If they haven't been divinely appointed, they haven't any more extra-special insights into the scriptures than the rest of humanity, so it's open season on the rest of their doctrines.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I feel much like Poztate, that the shunning is the whip that enforces the other offensive doctrines. But taking it back a step, it is the belief that the Governing Body is always right and must not be questioned, and MUST be obeyed that goes hand in hand with the shunning.

As a "normal" person (thank you, Minimus), it is the mind control, or the decision to obey based on threats or the reward of paradise, however you choose it, that horrifies me most. I constantly have to remind myself that some very nice JWs would do barbaric things because the Watchtower tells them to.

Welcome to the board, Poztate. Always nice to see another Canadian around.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

The one that says you can't tip your hat to a woman.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Gosh all of the JW doctrine is stupid. Like all the clean-up we'd need to do after armageddon is over...and the number 144,000...why out of all the numbers in the bible, did they chose that number to be a literal number?? They also pulled the year 1914 out of their asses and based a whole bunch of fictional doctrine on that bogus number. *sighs* What nonsense.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, holding themselves up as the sole purveyors of the Truth imprisons believers. Compounded with that, the rest of Christendom is Babylon the Great. By slavishly holding to these doctrines, WT believers truly think they have no place else to go.

Let me get this straight, the leaders of Christendom are condemned because just like the ancient rulers of Israel, they put unjust burdens on the common people. The people cried out to Jehovah, He listened, and cut those selfish, wicked leaders down. ....and the WTBTS leadership is exempt from this same judgement why?

Personally, I think Las Vegas is Babylon, but that is just me.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

We're good and they're bad

• High Castle
    High Castle

Standing above the cranky, mistaken beliefs of the Witnesses is their abhorrent belief that only they amongst a privileged few will be alive after Armageddon. Let's call this "winnowing' what is: genocide. To me this is the dark heart of the Witness belief system. And this is also the unchanging center of this belief system. Dates may come and go, but the bones of those who did not make the 'cut' will remain.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Their interpretation of "to abstain from blood"

When I stop and think of the lives that been offered to the false god WTBTS, especially children, it makes me weep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit