Strange first names among jw's

by fulano 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Potiphar Peleg was jokingly on one of the elder's baby names list. She ended up as Abigail. Don't mind Abigail but Abishag?

• fulano
    fulano

1914, a dog in our congregation.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I Samoan family in my mother's congregation named their son Watchtower.

My husband's mum is half Samoan. They are famed for their Looney names. He seriously knows a family who named their boys Benson and Hedges and heard tell of a kid called "Fanta".

But Watchtower.......

Edit: husband just said Islanders have a thing about naming their kids after products. Well I suppose " Watchtower" is a product....one I bought lock, stock And barrel :-(

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, speaking of just plain ol' strange names not biblical, when I used to work at Ernst & Young, in the local directory for our office, there were three guys with the name Homy Bomy, and Bomy wasn't the last name either. I guess that's a popular East Indian name.

• fulano
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

This was a name of a guy I came across in research though he wasn`t a J.W.

His name was changed to "Yahweh Ben Yahweh" have you ever heard of him ?

Google the name. or Wikipedia the name.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

If we are to believe the bible accounts then many of these ancient characters were remarkable people, even worthy of being named after – despite the names being pretty kooky in this day and age.

What you should be alarmed about is all the kids being named Mohammed. Most popular baby boys name in the UK last few years!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Look af the name of this guy..

:-)) :-)) :-)) I don't speak Spanish but I understood that alright!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I knew of a JW child named Cain!

I could never understand that.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit