Over 300 DFed apparently went to a northern U.K R.C!

by Isambard Crater 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

I was told by an elder way back in the mid 1990's that about only 33 % actually return to get reinstated after getting dfed. So about 66 % NEVER go back apparently. I'm sure the numbers vary from country to country depending on how different countries respond to fear and guilt tactics from the WT Society scaring them into getting reinstated. You know : the old Chicken Little syndrome " the sky is falling ! the sky is falling ! " I.e. = Armageddon

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

If they say so many are returning then the opposite is true. The internet is destroying any hope of any mass numbers of people joining or returning to the cult.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

No way did 300 currently DFed people turn up at a single RC. No way have 300 people been reinstated in one district in one year. Both ways of looking at it give you unprecedented numbers.

If there were 300 currently DFed people attending across all the RCs in the UK this summer I'd raise an eyebrow.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I wonder how did they get that 300 count?

Maybe, from the attendants.

I think a little bit of hype.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How does that person know this? Did he know them all and recognize them? ....Nah! It is chinese whispers and hype. ....and like the daft crowds in Monty Python's 'Life of Brian'... everything is "a sign!"

Actually , my experience always was that a large number of the d/f do return . Some just find a change in circumstances, eg. They break up with the person they left for, or marry them . Some do find repentance. A lot more capitulate to isolation from family and reluctantly crawl back.

One thing is often the case though, they generally are a shadow of their former selves in terms of zeal and commitment. They usually just do enough to get by .

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Suspect it is more to do with divided families seeking contact.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think a lot who get d/f are glad to wipe the slate clean. gives them a break for a year or so--then back in with no responsibilities for a while. like buying a pardon. so they never really left the cult--just doing their time for their crime.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I never heard of an actual accounting of Dfed ones attending assemblies

Hence hyper sensationalized BULLSHIT

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I'd take this with a pinch of salt at best. These are the same people that said a toy smurph got up and walked out of an assembley hall remember.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Ruby: This [is] backed up by research that indicates that over half of those who leave do return

OMG, here we go again! Empty assertions of "research" without any actual EVIDENCE or even a reference. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; you learned it from the WTBTS.

What Steve says:

Steve2: I'd be interested to know whether there has actually been an increase in numbers returning. Has there? Evidence please. - [Emphasis added]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit