Over 300 DFed apparently went to a northern U.K R.C!

by Isambard Crater 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

That's what I've been told by a family member (Elder) who went to one of the Regional Conventions in the North of the U.K lately, who told me the 300 or more disfellowshipped who returned to Jehovah by attending show that the end is so close, just like the final talk says.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Lots of disfelloshipped are returning to the org. Those who had been pioneers return to it. I have seen elders reinstated too. This backed up by research that indicates that over half of those who leave do return.i think that it is much more than that the end is coming as I think that part of it is that people want a hope that fits with their own ideals of internationalism, love and peaceful relationships. In the uk at least politics is falling them with its focus on me and mine

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

But don't they realise that the "love" shown is highly conditional and they will be DFed again if they adopt any modern values whatsoever, and that being told by the leaders to avoid all worldly contact is wrong?

There's that scripture about a dog returning to it's vomit.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If true it certainly doesnt mean the end is just around the corner still. What it does mean is that these people are motivated by their feelings and not by their intellect .

Many people leave the religion however the religion never leaves them.A people with low self-esteem and would rather someone do their thinking for them rather than they use their own brain to analyse what is being said to them by the WT.

When their is a percieved crisis in the world the fear of Armageddon takes over their rationale and they flock back to the KH.

When things quite down they leave off again until the next crisis in the world.

If they took the time and effort to educate themselves doctrinally in the first place they wouldnt fall into this never ending cycle.

• steve2
    steve2

I'd be interested to know whether there has actually been an increase in numbers returning. Has there? Evidence please.

Sometimes numbers are used to create an impression - it used to be growing numbers getting baptised at conventions - until the numbers dipped so low, even the most naive apologist couldn't argue that anymore.

With the exception of those who are disfellowshipped because they no longer believe it's 'the truth', people who return join a long lineup who keep the revolving door active. In today, out tomorrow, back in a day or so. Poor sods. A bit like on-again/off-again relationships.

Will they ever learn?

You could ask, "How many times have you left?" Let me count the ways.

We likely all know of people who couldn't cope in the organization and couldn't cope outside the organization. These people will always be vulnerable to returning - just like those who leave other high-control groups. These people are more likely to include people raised in the religion whose JW family shun them on condition they must return. Of the people I know who returned, most were born-ins who were 'handicapped' against adjusting to their post-leaving life.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Those who "return to Jehovah", especially after having learned "the truth about the Truth" only prove that it's a lot easier to leave the religion than the religion leaving the individual.

And if "world crisis" triggers the fear of a nearing end of this "system of things", then it only goes to show how deeply successful is the brand of indoctrination practiced by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Listener
    Listener

It's not even possible for them to know how many disfellowshipped persons attended any particular Convention unless they had a big D written on their forehead when the count was being taken.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    certainly not the case when I look at the amount of ex jw's that are of my age group and that left during the 1980's/90's , I cant think of any that have gone back, we've all got on with our lives and moved on from those times, and how on earth can it be a gauge that we are close to the end? I would have thought there could have been a slight increase of inactive/DF'ed ones coming back during the 1975 fiasco and the end of the millennium, using guilt yet again.
  • alanv
    alanv

The only time the Watchtower has spoken about how many are reinstated, the figure has been one third of all who have been disfellowshipped or disassociated.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they are desperate to retain those that they have, so they will tell lies like this.

I feel sorry for the kids trapped in it, who will give up the chance of decent education and jobs because " The End is so close"....... another lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit