Jesus came in 1874 and then changed to 1914, no problem, per FDS

by garybuss 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    And that brings us to 2003 about to close and both SDA,s and JW's are still waiting

for the other to be destroyed.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hey RF, I wondered where you were. You are my main SDA man. The SDA's called the heavenly temple apartments. The more I read on SDA's the more they are like the JW's. I am not aware of them being so hard line on members. I did have a SDA woman tell me about their views on jewlery and the way they treated her when she wore it. Just a little nasty.

Plmkrzy, Yes, they are expecting each other to be murdered by god. Hahahaha Thanks!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

An Adventist writer WD Frazee, describes lots of ?end time? events in his book ?Coming Events?. Among others:

??Its well for us to keep in mind that God never intended for time to run on and on, a hundred years after 1844.God intended the judgements that began October 22, 1844 to usher in the last scenes in short order. We are told that if all who accepted the first and second angels messages had united in accepting the third, then the world quickly would have been warned, and Jesus come long ago??

So basically the delay is because God is patient and still hoping that some Adventists currently out of favour with him will purify themselves enough to warrant life.

Heres another, from the same book, its a juicy one about some of the horrendous events soon to occur immediately before Christ returns. Frazee quotes Whites ?Early Writings? to demonstrate that an antichrist will masquerade as Jesus, even appearing to resurrecting the dead as part of the great deception:

? ? The saints are going to have to meet these devils. Devils claiming to be their dead relatives?.even when seeing something that looks just like a loved one, and talks like a loved one,, and then weeps when we wont listen, we wont break down.We can look it right in the eye and say ?You are NOT my wife. Youre the DEVIL! And in Jesus name I bid you go!!??

Sick huh?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Whoa! Wierd! Maybe not any wierder than a United States book printing company that claims it is directed by ghosts.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

yeah Gary. Pretty bent. For SDAs EVERYTHING revolves around the Saturday sabbath. The sabbath revelation is the "third angels message". Its the defining mark of the true church. The antichrist beast will enforce Sunday worship. This is the "mark of the beast", Sunday worship. SDAs will know when the antichrist comes, even though he appears as Jesus, because he will initiate Sunday worship as law.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was not aware of that. Thanks! What's with the no meat eating thing?

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks for this thread, Gary. Btw, my husband was born same year as you - and was raised by hardcore, very decent, jw's. He left with me 3.5 yrs ago. Best move he ever made (besides marrying me)

All that's left without 1914 is a rich book publishing corporation with the power of an evil dictator.

Sums up everything about The Truth of the WTBTS.

• avengers
    avengers
    God, I love NEW LIGHT!

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."--J.F. Rutherford.

Here ya go!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Waiting, Maybe he wants to join me in a 60th year party next year. I am enjoying this aging thing, I hope it continues.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Great post, Gary. While a bit off topic, my comments deal with another so-called event around the 1874-1914 dates. The Bible only mentions the word "apostate" twice (from the Greek "Apostasia"). In one of those examples, Paul actually mentions two people and what they taught that were apostate teachings. Note:

*** Rbi8 2 Timothy 2:16-18 ***
    16 But shun empty speeches that violate what is holy; for they will advance to more and more ungodliness, 17 and their word will spread like gangrene. Hy·me·nae'us and Phi·le'tus are of that number. 18 These very [men] have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some.

Their major sin was saying that the "resurrection has already occurred..." There is a religion that teaches the "resurrection has already occurred" in 1918, some 85 years ago. That is therefore, apostasy. This same religion said that the resurrection had "already occurred" in 1878, some 125 years ago. If the 1919 date is correct, the 1878 date was apostasy. If the 1878 date was correct the 1919 date is STILL apostasy. If NEITHER date is correct, BOTH dates are apostasy. Since the only other alternative of both dates being right is ludicrous, then the only logical conclusion is that the leaders of this religion are apostates. They were teaching the 1878 date when God "chose" them as his "cleansed" people in 1919, yet since they now believe the 1919 date, they were practicing apostates by teaching the 1878 date at that time.

Therefore, either God prefers apostates (by virtue of going against the very words in his own Bible) to bring mankind to salvation, or God never chose them at all: they are liars.

Which conclusion makes the most sense?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit