Would I be disfellowshiped for this?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Openly admitting and questioning anything as the GB being as wrong

Obviously if you phrase it like that specifically mentioning gb.

• Jehovahisgod
    Jehovahisgod

If you disagree with somebody in authority like the elders or the governing body you're going to get disfellowshipped not for disagreeing but for plain stupidity!

Do you walk up to the county judge and disagree with him do you go up to a police officer and disagree with him?

Do you walk up to a bouncer in a bar and disagree with him?

Let me just put this as nice as I can put it when you're in somebody else's house you go by their rules!

If you don't want to go by the rules don't go into their house that's just a simple and as easy as it can be put!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Jehovahisgod: If you disagree with somebody in authority like the elders or the governing body you're going to get disfellowshipped not for disagreeing but for plain stupidity!

That's a bit broad and hardly accurate. Someone who expresses teachings or ideas that are not in line with the WTS teachings/ideas will probably get a talking to, and possibly a judicial committee if they ignore warnings to stop. If they insist on continuing to express those ideas, they would likely be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The elders found a pasta c in my pantry.

They showed no mercy.

• Jehovahisgod
    Jehovahisgod

But why would you put yourself in two position where you're going to get taken back in the library and counseled? Yeah you might not get this fellowship you might get a warning you might get some Bible counsel you might get some shepherding.

But I have a better solution be a good little sheeple! Walk like the rest of the flock talk like the rest of the flock do what the rest of the people do.

And then when you get out of the meeting go in your soundproof room and bring your dog and bring your cat and tell your dog and your cat about all the things you disagree with that's going on in the Kingdom Hall!

Yeah I've got a long list of things I disagree with.

But I've got this rule when I'm in somebody's Elses house I abide by their rules.

I hope you can understand what I'm saying here friend part of being one of Jehovah's witnesses is the discipline to set their 6 hours out of the week.

And follow the program! You know if you really believe in Jehovah God and you really believe in Jesus Christ you have to understand that Jehovah God and Jesus Christ are a lot more powerful than men are!

And it should occur to you if you are disciplined Christian why am I going to talk to men when I know that they're not going to like what I say when I can go above their head and talk to Jesus Christ and make my complaint and let Jesus make the corrections.

I hope you can live with what I just said. That's just me.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I have a writeup on why blood transfusions and the modern medical use of blood is not against God's law as stated in Genesis. Not based on medicals but based on legals and fairness. If it is God's law, then only God can expand it to include other things than eating it. Neither the apostles nor the president and vice president of the WTBTS nor the governing body has the authority to expand the scope of it otherwise they would be like the pharisees in adding to God's law.

I'd like to send it in to the Watchtower and see what their response would be but I would need a fake name and return address for reply so they don't send it to the elders of any congregation.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"I'd like to send it in to the Watchtower and see what their response would be"

Most of the good letters, full of actual Scriptural truth and proof that the Org is wrong on matters, do not seem to get a reply now apparently !

Be careful folks ! The thing is, there is no way to leave with dignity, and no Statute of Limitations on when they will not DF you ! An Elder told me last year that they still considered me a JW ! after all these years ! Silly sod, I am a fully paid up Atheist Apostate, but he meant they would still DF me of I step out of line, and give them one chance at it !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

You can get DF'd(tm) for anything if the Elders(tm) don't like you.

They'll find a way, even if it's Brazen Conduct(tm).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Punk is largely right, I am afraid. I have known a B of E that built a case against someone who they wanted to get rid of.

It does depend though on the character of the elder.. I have managed to have discussions with one or two that were more reasonable. However I paved the way by asking if I could say anything freely, and got their agreement. I also set my points as questions rather than facts . I wanted to be seen as a man with doubts rather teaching alternative statements.

But be careful!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Jehovahisgod: Yeah I've got a long list of things I disagree with.

Are any of them doctrinal? If the list is long enough, I'd assume you are looking for a religion that is a better fit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit