• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Fire!

Fire!

Fire!

G.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    After all, a thousand years is but 1 day to jehober. And with all the "overlapping generations" (lol) and the "new light" (lol) yet to be revealed, I'm sure the sure that there is an explanation. (or an excuse)

Good one. And my .02. "Evidently ()Jehovah is waiting to destroy the most people he can by postponing the end. Must be one of the mysteries we were not meant to understand I guess."

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think you misheard. I think he meant the "Last Daves".

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

“The Lost Days” is what the GB means because all those beautiful days are lost to these dubs who spend their time listening to crap standing meaninglessly on empty roads and doing sweet damn f- all every days of their lives waiting for an end that has no beginning!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why are they called the "Last Days"?

Because they last, and they last, and they last, . . . . . .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Him :Do you believe we're in the last days?

You: Well it seems to me no one could say for certain whether or not these are the last days, until after they've and come and gone. I avoid making a claims like that because I realize how easy it would be for me to look for clues that might not be there. No one ever worries about the end of the world coming after they're gone, they're usually only concerned whether or not it will come in their lifetime and they tend to look for reasons to prove this is so.

We've seen that happen in the past. Ever since the time of Jesus, everyone was certain that the end would happen in their lifetime. The Holocaust happened over 70 years ago and I'm sure everyone back then thought they were witnessing the end.

They say we shouldn't serve Jehovah with a date in mind but rather we should serve Jehovah regardless of when we think the end will arrive. I suppose the thing to ask ourselves is, would we go from door to door out of love for our fellow man or out of love for Jehovah if we knew for an absolute certainty that Armageddon wouldn't happen in our lifetime? Are we only serving him because we are afraid he'll destroy us if we're still alive when Armageddon arrives?

• Tahoe
  • Lieu
    Lieu

People in Pompeii lived in the "last days".

People in 69 AD Jerusalem lived in the "last days"

An extinct Americas tribe lived in the "last days"

But JWs? Nah, they don't live their lives any day. 😆

Besides, in the Bible Peter says the Apostles et al were living in the "last days" (See Acts 2) & applied the prophesies to their days. 'Cause, well, he knew Jesus was referring to the oncoming destruction of Jerusalem. That was just, well, ugly according to Josephus account. Lots of birds and eyeballs.

JWs missed it, it seems.

• steve2
    steve2

One of Chuck Russell’s books (published in 1909) The time Is At Hand, states that the last day’s began in 1799 and that the end would occur in 1914.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

lol Chuck Russell...

Sounds like a guy you would meet in a bar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit