“Well at least he doesn’t make mean tweets”

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have a feeling Trump held back on his tweets . I believe he would have really made many more people cry if he was unleashed.🔥

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Trump wrote mean tweets, Biden runs to Camp David and hides. The more I see Biden in action the more I understand why his kid ended up a crackhead.

• minimus
    minimus

Frozen that’s so mean. Don’t try saying something like that on Twitter or Facebook or else you will be banned. Smarten up frozen.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Like Trump, I've been banned from all social media platforms. My goal is to get booted from here one day. Then I will really be free!

• minimus
    minimus

Rebel

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Just the geography alone of Afghanistan works heavily against any invader.

For example, Alexander the Great lost more of his army in just crossing that country from south to north, than he ever lost in any single battle that he fought. By the time his Greco-Macedonian army had marched through the Hindu Kush mountains then crossed the desert areas to the north of those, it was in a very sorry state. This was further exacerbated when even more of his thirst-stricken men died after gorging themselves on water, once they had reached the Oxus River, on Afghanistan's northern border.

As Winston Churchill once observed "Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

• Simon
    Simon

Biden has now provided the Taliban with an expensive hi-tech arsenal of US weapons. The Taliban now have advanced drones plus caches of other weapons and vehicles, all at the US taxpayers dime.

What an utterly shambolic withdrawal. Hard to imagine a worse outcome.

• minimus
    minimus

The taliban was very patient and methodical.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

What has happened by the US government via Biden is that he and his administration saw that the Afghan military effort there is becoming a lost cause or a cause which made it necessary for the US to stay there indefinitely.

Essentially a controlling police force which was costing the US in money and lives, because the Afghan government wasn't strategically make grounds to govern over the nation themselves, such as banning the Taliban's active existence inside the country.

In my opinion the only active way to ban the Taliban and make it disappear is to capture and execute anyone who associated with this group/organization. Really put the fear into people to change their minds reconverting the population to more updated social standards in regards to human rights etc..

Sounds a bit brutal and backward yes but fear does work to change people's mindset about ideologies, particularly long held ideologies that offer men more power and control for their own sake.

Sadly any gains that country achieved over the past 20 years is going to be ruined, refugees into the thousands are now making their way into neighboring countries.

Who's to blame for this redundant misstep ?

I think mostly the Afghan government with the US and associating governments ie. Canada facilitating the whole affair being used and exploited toward a means which realistically was never going to be achieved by their staying presence.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Unfortunately the USA does not have a good record when they involve themselves in other country’s business

Tell that to the WW1 and WW2 generation and they'll have your guts for garters, as they would say.

Seriously Min, no one has a good record involving themselves in Afgan business, period!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit