“Well at least he doesn’t make mean tweets”

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I asked a tennis friend this morning what he thought about what’s going on in Afghanistan and he said it was terrible. He was a military man and identifies as a middle of the road Republican. He supported most of Trump’s policies but voted for Biden because he couldn’t take Trump’s mean tweets. While he was lamenting the Afghan debacle I said, “ well at least Biden didn’t make mean tweets.” He wholeheartedly agreed and then said how surprised and impressed he was that I would say this. 😀 I told him I was just being facetious, I was being very facetious. He said nothing after that.

• Simon
    Simon

The US would have needed to stay there for 50-100 years to bring about real change.

Given that we knew that was not a remote possibility when they started, all the lives lost and $trillions spent were just pissed away on nothing.

They achieved absolutely nothing whatsoever and the withdrawal has been a complete debacle.

Sorry Uncle Sam, they saw you coming, they knew you had a short attention span and would lose the will to stay the course and they beat you. We could see it coming a country mile off.

• minimus
    minimus

Unfortunately the USA does not have a good record when they involve themselves in other country’s business

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Unfortunately the USA does not have a good record when they involve themselves in other country’s business

And unfortunately this new administration will probably get involved in another war that will cost MORE MONEY and MORE LIVES.

Is 30 to old to be Drafted?

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I get it, destroying the country is OK but mean tweets are just not acceptable.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

About Afghanistan, truth is no one has been able to deal with the place. Nation building anywhere in the Middle East is doomed before you start, the culture just won't support what people in the West view as civilization. Should have gone in, stomped Al Qaeda and the Taliban flat, and i mean exterminated, and left. Tell them if they get out of line we'll do it again. To quote one knowledgeable Lt. Colonel, "you kill them, you kill their families, you kill their friends and you kill their goats." That's what it takes but civilized Western countries will never do it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"you kill them, you kill their families, you kill their friends and you kill their goats." That's what it takes but civilized Western countries will never do it.

And that is exactly the trouble between today's U.S. conservatives and "woke" democrats. The conservatives do not seem to have the cajones to get down in the mud and get dirty to do anything, because "mean tweets" hurt the other sides precious little feelings.

BTW Min. we both better be careful or someone will say they don't like us, or this site anymore.

• minimus
    minimus

Fed up , thanks for the timely reminder, my brother.

• waton
    waton

the real tragedy is the girls, woman caught in a military conquest again.

we need the angel that dealt with all the firstborn at passover night in Egipt to be on standby and alert.

sorry to mix irony with a very serious looming situation.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

The USA spent 20 years and $100 billion training and equipping the Afghan Army and Air Force...a military that has collapsed in a month.

Biden said the US will be completely withdrawn from Afghanistan by September 11th. In a just world, George Bush and Dick Cheney would be arrested and charged with war crimes on September 12th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit