My Body

by StinkyPantz 45 Replies latest watchtower medical

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

There was recently a thread asking whether you'd rather be buried or cremated. In a way, I think both are selfish. I am already an organ donor, so I figure, why not donate the rest of my body to medical science? That way my death can, in a sense, benefit others.

Am I weird?

• Prisca
    Prisca

I am already an organ donor

What organ have you already donated?

• sens
    sens

lol prisca...

let me guess...

• jelly
    jelly

I want to be stuffed.

Hopefully no one will come along and delete my thread.

Terry

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i dont think it's weird at all. why would that be weird? it's a very nice, unselfish thing to do. although didnt you say before you wanted to be frozen just in case they find a way to regenerate you in the future? now THAT was a cool idea.

i'm selfish. if i die young and cute i want a great weepy open-casket funeral.

just kidding. i actually just dont care one bit what happens to my body when i die.

• jelly
    jelly
    i actually just dont care one bit what happens to my body when i die.

Even if your family sold it to the circus?

Terry (why cant I sleep class)

• outnfree
    outnfree
    didnt you say before you wanted to be frozen just in case they find a way to regenerate you in the future? now THAT was a cool idea.

LOL

SP -- I think it's very nice of you, but I also think that one has to consider those one is leaving behind. Will your husband and your children also be happy with your choice? After all, you'll be gone and they are the ones who will be left behind (well, maybe not hubby) to mourn. Might they like someplace to visit you? Will it freak them out to know you're all dissected somewhere and then discarded? Their possible objections could be something to think about...

out

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Prisca-

Shhh!!

outnfree-

My husband is fine with it, and I would hope that my children would respect my wishes, I would respect theirs. As far as having a place to visit me? Well that would be pointless in my eyes. A dead body is an empty shell, why would you want to visit it? I'd rather they visit me via pictures and memories.

Tink-

I want a memorial service, if possible. THEN they can cut me up!

or

If technology has advanced to the point where cryogenics actually works on humans, that'id be my first choice.

• SadElder
    SadElder

and what a body it is SP.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I know. (What a body this is) What a great title for a thread. This should be fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit