Apologists saying that the JWs shouldn't be banned, what the hell!??

by Crazyguy 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• honest
    honest

Edenone I have family members who are jw's as much as I love them I believe this is for the greater good. we all have to make sacrifices in order to benefit the greater majority. The people's temple were full of good people, they all did stupid things under the influence of a evil leader. Jehovahs witnesses are no different

Willing to sacrifice even their own children.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

honest

no, I am better then them. They are willing to sacrifice their children and themselves for a crazy ideology. I'm not willing to sacrifice them for that ideology. Unless they had committed a crime. It's the organization that should be prosecuted, not its believers.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Question. ....what separates the 'believers' from the organization. Is it not that all jws represent themselves as part of the oganization? Doesn't the baptismal declaration confirm this ?

• just fine
    just fine

Yeah- the Enron employees got in just as much trouble as Enron the company, so where do you draw the line?

I think banning a religion is wrong. But I don't feel Witnesses are not responsible for their own actions. They can choose to act however they want, and most of them choose to act badly.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

SO, do you all REALLY want Russia to be the ones to ban Jehovah's Witnesses? Sacrificing relatives in a concentration is for the greater good?

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/over-100-people-allegedly-sent-to-concentration-camps-for-gay-men-in-chechnya-35610969.html

Bunch of f*cking fascists.

I'm ashamed of the apostate community for not condemning this ban wholesale.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Let's be clear , Russia never had freedom of religion in thier constitution. There are some very specific rules on how to operate as a religion in that country. The JWs were banned because they did not follow the rules. Yes the government does lean to the side of the 4 main religions that have been in their land for centuries. But again the issue was never freedom of religion.

Those that argue this, have no merit.

• Landy
    Landy
    Those that argue this, have no merit.

And those that don't have no brains.

freedom of religion is a precious precious thing. It's to be valued and held sacrosanct by any measure of civilised society. Any attack on that is A. Very. Bad. Thing.

• atomant
    atomant
    The GB are in session as l type l bet, conjuring up new ways to extort cash from the 160000 dubs.ls the banning of witnesses in russia fair?lts another nail in the coffin for free speech and a step closer to a one world government .A dictatorship.
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I disagree... Freedom of religioins towards an organization be it the WTS or the Holy See should not be tolerated...

Personal freedom .. by all means..

If the JWs in Russia want to continue the JW lifestyle... minus preaching... go for it.. I support their freedom within their home to do so...

The moment they take it to the street ir flash around building or an organization they face ban after today... And that s a GOOD thing.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

The ban will not stop Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower Society. The approach most likely to promote change is to require full disclosure of the Watchtower's history to individuals they are trying to attract as new members, to make it unlawful for them to bind individuals who joined (by becoming baptized) when they were legally minors, and to withhold tax exempt status until they reform harmful policy related to child abuse, blood products, shunning, women and higher education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit