Apologists saying that the JWs shouldn't be banned, what the hell!??

by Crazyguy 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Banning JW`s is more than appropriate..

It`s time to stop Suger Coating the reality, of what JW`s "Really Do"..

We`re Here To Threaten The Lives Of..

YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..

Image result for jehovahs witness preaching

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

OUTLAW,

Banning JW`s is more than appropriate..

And who gets to decide? Somebody has to make those decisions which are inherently dictatorial. Why not ban the Catholic Church or any other religion that irks us while we're at it?

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Many persons have voiced the opinion that 'no government should get to decide how you practice your religion'....

Let me ask a question that seems to have been overlooked.

Why is it that RELIGIONS get to decide how I should practice my religion?

Who in the hell gives the religions the authority to penalize me if, in the context of practicing my religion, I should talk to others of my faith about what the leadership of said faith, happens to be up to ....behind our backs.

IE: Partnering with the UN and agreeing on my behalf to its CHARTER

Who gives the religion the authority to persecute me because I chose to exercise the FREE SPEECH granted to ME in the Constitution of the country to which I belong?

I'll tell you who the hell gives the religion it's authority. THE GOVERMENT.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

who gets to decide?.....Villiage Idiot

Right now it`s the Russian Government..

I happen to agree with them..

Why not ban the Catholic Church or any other religion that irks us while we're at it?

If they come to my door to threaten my life, I`m good with that..

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"freedom of religion is a fundamental human right"

So is "freedom from religion".

The freedom to believe is fundamental. The freedom to practice that belief bumps up against the freedoms of others, who have the fundamental right to be free from religious practice.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Flow Through Authority

When a 'higher up' grants to an underling a level of 'authority', that underling's 'authority' belongs to the higher up, and that 'authority' merely flows through the underling to whomever that underling should apply that 'authority'.

If that underling should abuse that authority, then the higher up should take away that authority.

The government grants to incorporated religions a level of authority. When religions abuse that authority, it needs to be taken away.

Watchtower uses its granted authority to persecute fellow believers. It uses that authority to implement "thought control" and it uses that authority to enforce "shunning" of whistleblowers.

This is an abuse of the authority granted. It needs to be removed.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Soviets banned them and they grew faster underground. I grew up on stories of the brave JW's behind the Iron Curtain and those who smuggled in the literature. They were an inspiration to us all , and proof ( to us) that Satan could not thwart Jehovah's Organisation.

Still want to ban them? .... Scully is right in her post.

I also believe in free speech ....

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I'm willing to wait and see Blues. But I have a hard time believing a ban will have the same effect today.

Today's dubs...

Don't want to work, lazy bunch.

Don't want to suffer.

Skip houses in FS.

Don't ring or knock in FS, walk quietly on the porch to avoid contact.

Shy away from spreading the WT doctrine.

Skip FS.

Skip meetings.

Cancel meetings for half an inch of snow.

Don't put money in the box.

Live double lives.

Drink too much.

Have no Bible knowledge.

Don't sincerely believe WT dogma.

Are separated from one another, overly private.

Get blood transfusions in secret.

I am sure others can add.

These are not the dubs of Rutherford.

• undercover
    undercover
    JWs are guilty of murder, causing higher rates of suicide, covering up child molestation, and keeping members in prisoned

You're confusing the followers with the leadership. True, many followers adhere to rules so closely that it has lead to bad situations, but it's not the rank and file that should be punished by banning. It's the leadership that should be held accountable for their policies and rules. And banning the religion as a whole will not be adequate. Instead, as many have already pointed out, it's better to put other restrictions on them. Don't allow them to own property. Levy taxes. Punish those in authority in cover ups of child abuse cases.

But leaving all that aside, whether it's JWs, Mormons, Worldwide Church of God, and yes, even Scientology, people should be allowed to choose the religion of their choice. It's a human rights issue, not a JW issue. Ban one religion, then others are sure to follow.

We're in a particular situation because we've been JWs, been on the inside, seen how it works. And we know it's all BS, and that some of their policies are harmful, maybe even deadly on occasion. Remove that intimacy with the religion from the equation, and it becomes a human rights issue that should concern all freedom loving people.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    BluesBrothers: The Soviets banned them and they grew faster underground. I grew up on stories of the brave JW's behind the Iron Curtain and those who smuggled in the literature. They were an inspiration to us all , and proof ( to us) that Satan could not thwart Jehovah's Organisation.

Well...that is what you were told. I don't think they grew faster - that sounds like a WT myth. I am not convinced.

There are several accounts of those banned, isolated little bands of JWs who emerged from hiding with copies of Rutherford literature clutched tightly in their hands. Which they rigorously defended, never re-joining the new and improved WTS. They view the WTS as "apostate" because the doctrine changed so much during their dark ages.

There is one of those groups that uploaded material to archive.org a few years ago. They call themselves the "Theocracy Publishers":

https://archive.org/search.php?query=theocracy%20publishers

I am wondering if those isolated little groups of JWs, are the ones that are a point of contention mentioned in the court when "unregistered" congregations are being discussed as to whether the ban should include them or not (sorry...can't find that part right now). It seems like there is some confusion as to if the Admin Center oversees all of them (?).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit