Can you disassociate on your last judicial committee for apostasy?

by jwdoctrine 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would let them DF you. You have 7 days to request an appeal.

When you go to the appeal, have your letter ready. Tell them that after prayerful consideration of the matter, you wish to DA instead.

Rub a Dub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I like freddo's idea if you aren't concerned about being df'ed instead of DA'ing. Make them worry about being sued personally and make the legal department get involved. Oh what fun!

just saying!

If you really want to yank their chains then don't give them a letter of DA - just appeal in writing six days after they tell you you are DF'd and include a paragraph telling them you are consulting a lawyer to look into the possibility of suing personally any who serve on the committees especially the person who announces it. Great fun.
  • Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

It all depends how much do you want to wind them up. When elders met with me I was very straight forward and didn't make the conversation easy. There was only one elder that was a great guy and I always tried not to hurt his feelings. With all the other elders I behaved exactly the same way they were behaving with other brothers and sisters - arrogant, disrespectful and not kind

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i resigned at a committee meeting--after the presiding overseer had said there was no case to answer--just a misunderstanding via the rumour mill. i said from now on i'm Mr--not brother--if they want to talk to me. but that was about 45 years ago..

it didnt make any real difference back then---no one shunned me or ignored me if we bumped into each other. all that came years later....after it was announced in the congregation i was an apostate and no one should talk to me. fine by me.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you want to be able to have sensible conversations with friends or family members of the cult, you have to do it while you are still not 'marked' as Apostate or DA, so both classifications should be avoided,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit