Can you disassociate on your last judicial committee for apostasy?

by jwdoctrine 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

Hi guys, I have been summoned to a judicial committee for apostasy. I'm going to disassociate anyway but I don't want to miss the fun .i'm thinking of handing my letter of dissociation on the night of the committee.Do you think this is a good idea?

As I said I have already made my mind up

• stillMS
    stillMS

Make sure to post your committee to Youtube - to make even more fun ;)

Not sure the letter of disassociation would be a fun thing to do - unless you make it public in some way.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sure. Remember that YOU have the control over your own life.

Let them know that you do not recognise their claims of authority.

Tell them that "it is pretty clear already by my decision to stop attending the kingdom hall that I don't consider myself one of your number. But so that you do not misunderstand this, here is a letter confirming this. Take care"

...and walk out. NO conversations required.

• freddo
    freddo

The announcement is still the same and they will tell "everyone" you were disfellowshipped for apostasy regardless of a last minute DA.

If you WANT to attend then have fun. Why not in the meantime start writing to everyone you know (EXCEPT the elders) telling them why you are disassociating - before the announcement.

If you really want to yank their chains then don't give them a letter of DA - just appeal in writing six days after they tell you you are DF'd and include a paragraph telling them you are consulting a lawyer to look into the possibility of suing personally any who serve on the committees especially the person who announces it. Great fun.

This will buy you a few more days/couple of weeks while they consult the branch and let you send yet another letter to all your contacts about how you are being hounded and conspired against by false witnesses and how they should contact jwfacts.

Personally, if I wanted to go out with a bang then I would ignore their request for a JC and just start telling "everyone else" in writing (put your name but don't sign the letter) you are leaving due to disgusting child abuse cover ups and false prophecies about the generation!

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

I have already made up my mind and was going to give the letter in without attending the committee BUT it sounds like it is possible to attend and from the get go say: I'm here to disassociate so I won't be discussing any accusations.I give you one hour to convince me why you want me to stay. Turn the tables on them if you know what I mean

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

No need to write to the members of the congregation.a mass text will do

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The announcement is still the same and they will tell "everyone" you were disfellowshipped for apostasy regardless of a last minute DA.

X2

• No need to write to the members of the congregation.a mass text will do

that is.... a pretty good idea. It shows up to everyone at the same time and thus nobody can warn anyone else not to read it. If your going to burn bridges you at least know everyone saw the message. Make it thoughtful and not bitter sounding. It may ring with some of those that see it.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Turn in your letter at the jc if you want, it's your life, do this however you feel works for you. Walk in wearing a cape if you want and hand it in. Okay, now you HAVE to walk in wearing a cape and hand it in. We need video, lol.

I like that text idea a lot. Emails have worse open rates than texts. Most everyone opens a text. It's pretty immediate too, as we all have phones on us most of the time but not everyone checks email that often. Who can resist the *ding* of a new text? Plus, it will spread so quickly and be opened so much that the elders won't be able to do damage control and tell people not to open it like they could an email. Well done.

Like Morpheus said, make it thoughtful and not bitter. You have a chance to make someone think here, a rare occurrence for a JW.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You DA letter saves them the trouble of doing anything beyond making the same announcement that "JW Doctrine is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses". They get to go home early. Period.

If you really want to f*ck with them, text and tell them you cannot meet at the original time and force them to reschedule another time. Then try to do that again. Then when they won't reschedule again, call them and tell them you are running late. Then don't show at all. When they call to inquire about your presence, tell them to F8CK OFF! and laugh your ass off!

While they were sitting at the KHall waiting for you, click "SEND" on the mass email or text that you have already prepared in advance to "broadcast" to all the curious JDubs about your reasons for leaving. DON'T GET TOO LENGTHY. BE BRIEF AND MAKE YOUR POINT AND LET THEM CONTACT YOU (IN CONFIDENCE) IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• gabcol
    gabcol

Have your letter printed in the newspaper ... that would be a big bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit