Vicki Boer and Donations

by hillary_step 55 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

If any of you wish to kindly make donations to Vicki Boer, we are formulating a vehicle to attend to this as we speak.

We have been in touch with Vicki, who is understandably deeply distressed at the turn of events that have forced her to relive much of the trauma which she hoped that this court case would put to rest, and are wresting a plan which would allow her to receive personal donations aimed at her well-being rather than enriching either the WTS or her advisers.

An address will be forthcoming shortly, together with a PayPal email address which will allow you to send your donations or well-wishes to Vicki, Scott and the girls. It will not be a Canadian address or Bank account.

There are a number of important points that any donators would need to assess before donating any cash:

1) This will not be a 501 c (3) organization or its Canadian equivalent. These donations are personal gifts and we do not view it as necessary to set up a Board with trustees etc, that would be advisable with a 501. Any 501 operating without a Board will fall into crisis at some stage and we do not envisage this arrangement being one that requires such a vehicle.

2) Three people will be involved in handling donations, Vicki, myself and another party yet to be announced. These three will monitor the donations at each stage of transfer to ensure its security.

3) Each person donating will be sent a note of thanks stating the amount sent. This will not be a tax deductible donation, but is to be viewed as a casual and unencumbered gift.

4) Vicki will be able to draw on her donations at will, despite the cash being held in an account outside of Canada.

5) Please be assured that all your cash will get to Vicki and only Vicki. Please do not feel that your donations are too small. I once raised $200,000 for an organization based on one dollar donations, even the nickels are important. As you may imagine the past while has been a great stress to Scott and Vicki?s financial health.

6) Please donate through this vehicle only. As you might imagine, if Vicki starts receiving cheques that have to be paid through her personal accounts it may be difficult for her in the event that a credit check is made, that is why the money will arrive when Vicki wants it and via a torturous route.

7) NOT ONE PENNY of your money will be given to the WTS or any other body for that matter!( let the reader use discernment ).

Now on to other things. My own feeling is that the WTS are not interested in Vicki?s money and that is not why they pushed this issue with the Court. They are fully aware of the impossibility of Vicki paying this large sum of money to them, or even being able to pay her lawyers. I believe that their reasoning is that once this judgment is lodged with the Courts they will let it stand as a fright mechanism next time an abused JW child goes to a lawyer to seek financial redress. The lawyer will seek precedents and past cases and come upon Vicki?s case. It would be a brave lawyer who chose to battle the WTS again after reading such a judgment. Hawk, who is much cloer to these things may have a different view, but this is my own. I understand that Vicki is still re-thinking whether to appeal the finding, which of course she can do.

Colin Stevenson is a very canny lawyer and has done a sterling job for the WTS. For that I tip my hat to him as he did what he had to do, that is, to protect his clients interests. For his job as a lawyer I commend him, for his personal morality and ethics I damn him to the darkest corners of his nightmares.

I hope that any lawyers handling similar cases will learn much from this case and realize that they are not dealing with hicks, and religious fanatics, but with very cunning and gifted lawyers. My message to them is be prepared, do the due diligence, do not let this happen again.

Best regards and a thank you to all you good-hearted people, Vicki has been greatly soothed by your good wishes - HS

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks HS. Awaiting further instruction

Love to Vicki and Scott

• wasasister
    wasasister

Thank you for that information, Hillary. Helpful as always.

I agree with you about the message the WTS is hoping to send to those who might have followed in Vicky's footsteps: "Beware of messing with us!" When I was able to swallow my rage at what I read the other day, that not-so-subtle threat lingered.

The next thought that came to me was the message it sends to loyal members - a point I would have rejoiced in not so very long ago: "See, Jehovah was on our side! We were victorious against the 'woman enemy' in the courts due to Jehovah's blessing."

This is a very powerful sentiment to faithful Witnesses. I once viewed the historical court battles won by "our side" as proof positive that Jehovah was, indeed, on our side.

When I think of how most JW's will respond to this news, I am chilled to my core.

I'll await your further instructions on the donations. I'm glad this is being handled responsibly....it's a very emotive situation and calls for a calm response.

Wasa

• berylblue
    berylblue

Hillary is great. So are all of you!

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Scott & Vicki))

HS, thank you for yet again providing your experienced and well-considered help.

You, and those who are consulting with you, have our utmost trust.

Craig & Kate

Edited to change Steve to Scott...dohhhh (brain-death ensues ) My sincerest apologies.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I trust you implicitly, HS, and I think you've got a great idea going. Count me in.

Love,

Nina

• shera
    shera

I'm there for sure.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Thank you for coordinating this Hillary!

There are so many that have been touched by Vicki and her courage and her fight. I hope all work with you on this plan.

There were other ideas being suggested and/or being put into place but it sounds like yours will happen quickest and will be the more secure. I really hope as many as possible will direct their donations and good wishes via the route you will announce.

Other things are in the works for battling the overall problem, but the immediate needs are for Vicki.

I wish you well and will support you wholeheartedly in this project.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I believe that their reasoning is that once this judgment is lodged with the Courts they will let it stand as a fright mechanism next time an abused JW child goes to a lawyer to seek financial redress.

Agreed. This is the tactic of one who is desperate and will do anything to anyone to create the Wizard of Oz illusion. But let's see what happens a year or so from now in American courts.

I hope Vicky takes some small encouragement from the knowledge that her pain and suffering is paving the way for others. I truly believe that her case is the first small baby step toward righting a tremendous wrong, and maybe it will prevent other innocents from experiencing the horror she lived.

I'm so very, very sorry Vicky has had so many hideous things happen to her. She seems to me to be the epitome of the kind and gentle soul. If I could make it right, I would.

Chris

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Good HS as long as ALL the Donations get to Vicki, Scott, and the girls I'm all for this method.

I'll be waiting for further announcements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit