A question for the Brits...

by Country Girl 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I was in the understanding that the nickname "Brummie" referred to the noise a cat makes io purring.
    But what means Brummie then ? and by the way, your red tie is much nicer I think.
    Branda

• Englishman
    Englishman

People from Birmingham are known as Brummies.

They all talk with a most peculiar accent, rather similar to a whining vacuum cleaner in reverse.

You can hear a Brummie accent, or any other Brit accent here, scroll down to Specific accent.

Englishman.

• Brummie
    Brummie

CW, as EMan pointed out, "brummie" identifies the location we are from.

We brummies are a very perculiar people, thats why God chose us above all other nations.

Lady Lee knitted the new bow tie, its a bit more manly dontcha think? :)

Brummie

• Aztec
    Aztec

"whereas in Michigan they quickrun to the store. They quickchange their clothes. They quick do a lot of things. "

I'm in Michigan and I don't do anything very quickly...except talk. Seriously, I'm not familiar with those phrases at all. Must be a differant part of Michigan than I'm from.

I like your tie Brummie.

~Aztec

• neverin
    neverin

Hi Brummie

No offence meant - I've got nothing against Brummies ( I'm married to one) it's just that you have trouble with words such as 'haf' past the hour, Orstralia (Australia) and Orstin (Austin).

Still I'd defend you to those ignorant gits from down south who think we're all like pig from Pipkins.

Cheers

Neverin

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Aztec,

I live in West Michigan, specifically the Grand Rapids area. My fiance' was born and raised in GR. He and his family do the quick run, etc. I also work in retail and have the opportunity to hear a lot of Michiganders speak. Lots of them quick do things. What part of Michigan do you live in. Possibly this is a Grand Rapids thing.

Heather

• Brummie
    Brummie
    No offence meant - I've got nothing against Brummies

nah, I was just kiddin ya.

Still I'd defend you to those ignorant gits from down south who think we're all like pig from Pipkins

I now live down south. bwahaha

Snigger @ pipkins

Brummie

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Eman,

They all talk with a most peculiar accent, rather similar to a whining vacuum cleaner in reverse.

lol...What an excellent description. The Geordie accent always befuddles me, they make everything sound like a question.

HS

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    those ignorant gits from down south who think we're all like pig from Pipkins

Guilty as charged.

Expatbrit

• Aztec
    Aztec

Heather, I'm from the East side of the state in Detroit. Here we speak closer to Canadian eh? That means we're too busy drinking beer and watching hockey to "quick do" anything.

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit