What's Your Opinion of the Opposite Sex?

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

Men are equal to women...nothing more

Women are equal to men...nothing less

I have an incredibly high opinion of the Yin portion of humanity.

I just don't think the like ME very much...

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies
    I just don't think the like ME very much...

Awww, I like you Badger!

• Badger
    Badger

You are, as always, too kind

But you've never seen me...that usually changes other's opinons...

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Nah, I go for brains, not bods! My sister used to always pick on me because my boyfriends were not up to her "physical" standard, but I like men with wit and intellegence. Besides, who needs a girl who only likes you for your looks??? To heck with that!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I prefer the company of men, if that means anything. I have always had issues with understanding women, they never say what they mean and use 50 million words to explain a sentence that could be summed up in 5 words. *lol* I tend to find the women I have known in my life to be jealous creatures and as a rule none of my girlfriends have ever been trustworthy... there are a few, and most of the ones I trust I have met here on JWD... men on the other hand I find more loyal. They also say what they mean unless they are trying to get into your pants.

This of course is not always, I am not making a rash bold all women are such and such sort of statement, I am simply basing this on my personal exp. with my past friends that have been female.

Men are awesome and make great friends. Women are simply beautiful and tender, both sexes deserve admiration for thier various opposite qualities.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I have always had issues with understanding women, they never say what they mean and use 50 million words to explain a sentence that could be summed up in 5 words.

Ok, here goes, 5 words or less.........

You're hot, let's do it

hmmmm not good at math

• Perry
    Perry

My friend attended a male divorce crisis seminar where they studied a publication titled, "Men are From Mars , Women are From Ur-anus".

Seriously, women are great. Fickle yes, but I have usually found them more engaging than most men. I never had any sisters, so I think it took me long time to figure out how they tick. Once, I did.... I found women even more enjoyabe.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

HUGABLE EATABLE LOVABLE unless of course its Billary Clintonian and her ilk. Buff

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

What about Sappho...isn't she credited with creating Song/poetry as we know it?

I would counter there have been lots of great women in history but we know little to nothing of them because the vast majority of history is written by men.

Or how about Murasaki Shikibu--she wrote the first novel.

THE TALE OF GENJI, one of the masterpieces of Japanese literature, is the world's first extended fictional narrative. Its author, Murasaki Shikibu, lived much of her life in the royal court in Kyoto, where she was the center of a group of bril- liant women who competed for status through their literary skills. Her novel, finished sometime around 1008, concerns the colorful life of the court, with its many political and romantic intrigues. Hundreds of characters fill the book, but at its center is an elegant prince known as "the shining Genji." The novel's powerful feminine vision, its sympathy with the plight of women at court, its subtlety of language and penetrating psychological insights--all were unprecedented. The Tale of Genji remains a surprisingly modern work; it has recently been translated and recognized outside Japan as one of the great contributions to world literature. Its influence has been broad, not just in Japan, where it remains a principal source of stories for Noh drama, the Kabuki stage and contemporary cinema, but throughout the Western world. Any serious discussion of the structures, forms and intentions of the novel--the most significant new literary genre of the millennium--must take into account Murasaki's stunning achievement.

• Mac
    Mac

Ummmmmmmmm..........lemme think *conks girl with childbearing hips with club and drags by hair into cave*

mac, of the damn these knuckleburns hurt class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit