Do Jehovah's Witnesses Accept Evolution?

by jukief 131 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know it's not an answer. That's the point. Many Christians accept that they don't have a good answer to the problem of evil. They trust that God has the answer.

• cofty
    cofty

SBF - Have you backed away from your earlier assertion that victims just take their themselves 'too seriously'?

Or have you just thought better of saying again? It is undoubtedly the most callous thing I have ever read on this forum.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I see you haven't backed away from putting words in my mouth.

How about trying to understand perspectives other than your own, rather than potshots and distortions.

• cofty
    cofty
    They trust that God has the answer

Since the most fundamental claim of xtianity is contradicted by objective reality what basis could there be for claiming that the god of Jesus exists?

You are putting the dilemma arse-backwards.

First present evidence that the god of Jesus - the god who is love - exists then and only then you can address the problem of natural evil.

Since there is no evidence for the god of Jesus and the facts of reality contradict the most fundamental claims about this god, you are left with nothing.

Or maybe orphaned children of the tsunami just take themselves too seriously.

• cofty
    cofty
    How about trying to understand perspectives other than your own

I understand the perspective of theism perfectly.

• cofty
    cofty
    I see you haven't backed away from putting words in my mouth

I'm happy to look for the quote and provide a link so anybody can check the context. I was stunned!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think a basic conviction for Christians is that God knows better than humans can know.

Whereas some atheists appear to be convinced that God must conform to their standard of goodness or he should not or cannot exist.

• cofty
    cofty

Plus the problem of evil doesn't rule out God because there may be an answer we simply don't know, or cannot know. My own suspicion, no doubt very unpopular, is that we humans take ourselves too seriously when we think our suffereing matters very much. ... - SBF

Please anybody reading this go ahead and click the link and check the context. You will see SBF is lying when he accuses me of distortions.

• cofty
    cofty
    Whereas some atheists appear to be convinced that God must conform to their standard of goodness or he should not or cannot exist

It's as if you are determined to twist everything I say - oh wait a minute!

The god of xtian theism must conform to his own self-proclaimed standard of love or that god of xtian theism cannot exist.

• cofty
    cofty

SBF - tell this child he is just taking himself too seriously if he thinks his suffering matters very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit