Too Much Discontent in Congregation Part 1

by Simon Templar 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Divergent
    Divergent

Discontentment leads to Doubts, Doubts lead to Dissent, Dissent leads to Disassociation / Disfellowshipping / Drifting away!

Love all those 'D' words! =)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Divergent;

LOL, that's pretty much sums it up for me. All starting with Discontentment. But believe me, it took years and years if not decades to progress through all those 'D's, lol. Those damned 'D's LOL.

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Answers to questions from Forum Members:

All that has been told to me is at "The Local Level". I know Elders elsewhere that have issues with things, but none in my KH have said a word to me.

Yes, the older Lady said the "F" bomb.

More to come soon.

• floriferous
    floriferous

She ain't no lady saying that word...........

• cha ching
    cha ching
    As weird as it sounds, I can picture a few people I knew that could "whisper" the F word under their breath to show their discontent when really at the end of their rope.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Dude, I LOVE your screen name! I just know you stole that name from Val Kilmer's character in "The Saint." lol!

We need more of these "experiences". They are so "encouraging." lol

• flipper
    flipper

SIMON, thanks for giving us this information. With the WT Society cutting back construction of kingdom halls, laying off Bethel members and special pioneers, cutting back the magazines, and generally requiring more donations from congregations - I believe we will hear more and more complaints from JW's in the next few years.

STEVE 2- It's true that JW's have complained before about elders, but mostly in private as I recall when I used to be a JW 13 years ago. NOW It seems rank & file JW's are more OPENLY expressing their dissatisfaction about elders to others in the congregation which used to be a big " no-no ". But let's face it- with ALL of the shit being thrown on top of JW's from the WT leaders nowadays - a person in time can't stay buried under the shit - they have to crawl out of it or start slinging it back at elders in time. I hope the leaders of this organization get so buried in excrement that they can't escape the consequences themselves

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

According to OP:

Where I live, it feels as if many active publishers and others are feeling discontent, to say the least, and can't hold it in any longer. The "Generation" is a biggy. I hear all kinds of complaint about that all the time

Response:

Local congregations have always had their fair share of malcontents who are dissatisfied with specified elders but who still believe the organization is under Jehovah's direction.

Clearly, some of the dissatisfaction and complaining has to be regarding "Jehovah's organization" and not merely toward local bodies of elders as even the most deluded JW understands that interpretation and doctrine hail only from the Most Holy and not from any local yokels.

AMNESIAN

captive 7/1972 - 2/2001

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit