Despite their false predictions aren't the JWs right? Won't the world eventually end & Paradise come?

by deegee 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

I wish I could answer your question about a paradise coming. It sounds nice. I hope it comes. But I don't know.

• btlc
    btlc

Even idea of paradise by JW is ridiculous - first kill 99.9% of humanity, then "resurrect" 99.9% people from the past times. Btw, there is nothing to resurrect - by JW teaching, soul = flesh body + impersonal spirit (energy), when someone dies, his soul dies, flesh body decomposes, spirit went back to God. Nothing unique left, just a "memory". So, in "resurrection" God will make a brand new body, put some energy to start life, and download informations from his "memory" to his brain - that is not resurrection, that is a cloning. That is just a replica of people lived once. So whats the point of "paradise" with 99.9% replicas of deceised people?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The end of the world is certainly coming, just as it has for every thing that has ever lived on this planet.

Everything that lives here will die. That IS the end of the world for anything living.

Paradise?

Well, that depends on your way of life. If you live a life that should be rewarded because of the way you live or your faith.

You, me and Dupree will find out when the end of the world comes to us.

I'm over 50 year old, I imagine the world will certainly end [for me] within 6 decades.....oh oh, better get to the cart for WTS literature.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

IThe world will end as it gets enveloped by our Sun when it runs out of hydrogen at its core and becomes a red giant, but unless you think 2,200 to 3,200 degrees Celsius (4,000 to 5,800 degrees Fahrenheit), a little over half as hot as the sun is now,as the world ends as being your idea of paradise you can forget the paradise bit.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Aren't there Christian denominations who do not make false end of the world predictions but who nevertheless believe that the world will eventually end and Paradise (whether in heaven or on earth) will come? - yes, there are.

It seems the Watchtower was just jumping the gun when they made false end of the world predictions but they are nevertheless the right: the world will eventually end and Paradise will come - there's nothing to support this view, the belief that God or Jesus will personally intervene in the world's affairs.

NB - cherry-picking obscure or unclear passages of scripture doesn't count as evidence. The WT has been doing this crap for 130 years.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We can believe what we want. What will be will be. We can't do anything about it.

For me, I believe the world will be destroyed when the sun goes bang....or something like that.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Shouldn't this thread be posted under 'jokes and humor'?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What they are hoping for is mass enslavement. We will all be microchipped, bar-coded, and treated like cattle. No one will have any identity of any kind, nor will they know where they came from, why they are here, or where they are going. They will own nothing, enjoy nothing, and do nothing except work like dog-slaves all the time until they are croaked for being unable or unwilling to produce their quotas or for rebelling. And, due to the microchips, there will be zero possibility of a Renaissance.

People will be in very sorry condition physically. Diversity will be gone, since everyone will be all mixed up into one gray mess like a bunch of paint colors dumped into one bucket and mixed. This will result in many genetic incompatibilities that will drastically shorten life expectancy and quality of life. People will have lower IQs, partially from race mixing and partially from being poisoned with mercury, fluoride, and monosodium glutamate and aspartame. We will all be sick all the time, yet expected to work like dogs.

If that sounds like paradise to you, by all means continue putting your psychic energy into that LIE-ble and religions that tout that fxxxing book. You will be working toward that as your goal, even if you are scammed into thinking excellent health and everlasting life, not misery and enslavement in a world where everything is gray, is the outcome.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Eventually another comet or large asteroid is going to hit the planet and kill off most life. This is a certainty, unless man can stop it.

We wont be this lucky, because this would likely mean we could potentially be around for millions of years more. Large asteroids hitting the earth are very very rare.

I doubt we will be around in 1000 years at this rate. People continue to procreate like rabbits, and the footprint of each modern human continues to grow along with our voracious appetite for "stuff". The path of the human race will be the usual path of civilizations that prosper out of control. Tremendous prosperity (where we are now) followed by catastrophic decline (soon).

At best, it could be that a few humans will survive calamity, and continue this experiment.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If I kept promising my kids that wonderful trip to Disney, yet I never take them. I promise this year after year after year. Do you think eventually they would think...we are never going to Disney? Mom and Dad just keep promising it but never fulfill the promise. Eventually the dream dies and no one believes the promise anymore. I could also use the story of the boy who cried wolf. Eventually no believed him either.

To answer your question...NO! If I am wrong then I can honestly say that I lived a happy life, was honest and raised my kids with dignity and honor. If God wants to destroy me for that than so be it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit