Despite their false predictions aren't the JWs right? Won't the world eventually end & Paradise come?

by deegee 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think this is why so many JW's are relying on anti depressants. The promise is made, continues to be made yet year after year loved ones are dying that were not supposed to die. We are watching family members go through this right now. It is frustrating for us to watch them all struggle, waiting for this day to come. They continue on the meds, washing it down with booze. It seems to be the way they deal with it. The interesting thing is, these are the ones who have the best comments at Sundays Watchtower study. Oh the irony!

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

"Despite the false predictions, JWs are essentially right because they generally believe in the same things most other religious eschatological doctrines asknowledge, namely an end to the current world and A blessed world to come." Hmm.

A good way to examine whether or not an argument holds weight is to change variables within it. To illustrate:

Judaism and Catholicism/Orthodoxy share generally the same eschatological paradigm as acknowledged by the Jehovah's Witnesses. In fact, though I recall far too many times when JWs claimed their "paradise earth" hope was a unique earmark of the "one true religion," in reality it was Jews and the oldest Christian denominations that hold the claim to this doctrine first. The fact that most JWs don't know this only demonstrates their lack of education regarding religion in general.

But, let us assume that the OP is indeed offering an axiom. Despite the mistakes regarding their predictions, aren't they right since traditionally this is what the oldest Judeo-Christian teachers also speak of?

That would create a paradox for the JWs: if holding to the general belief of an end of world/paradise scenario makes the JWs right, then the other religions are right too.

Therefore if having the general picture of things makes a religion "correct" (that is to say that the world's end/paradise paradigm is valid), this makes the Jehovah's Witnesses wrong in their judging other religions as false.

So despite differing views as to whether the world will end, whether there is or isn't going to be a paradise earth to come, the argument only further proves the JWs wrong when you test the OP's logic.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I'd imagine paradise future can make a person feel all warm and fuzzy but in the end we really don't know for sure what happens.

Its a good rule of thumb to live in the now and be the best person you can personally be. Perhaps you can influence those around you and you can have paradise NOW, rather than at death.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Humanity ceasing to exist is a far more likely scenario than a paradise earth.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

No. They're not right in any way.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Apocalyptic cults like the JWS usually die off or reduce themselves dramatically in numbers, which goes to show that you cant exploit and BS people endlessly.

The game now for the WTS leaders is to sustain a membership and keep the cash flow coming in.

There is enough brainwashed mental slaved programed to support the WTS publishing house for least 2 more decades I figure.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The OP is that an oxymoron statement ? I think it is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ deegee...

Nope.

Statistically speaking, humanity and world conditions are steadily improving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit