The increasing WT magazine

by darkspilver 39 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Apart from the interesting block color change for the title strip on the front page.... the new 2017 WT mag has some new (updated printing figures):

2016: Produced Each Issue: 58,987,000 Available in 282 LANGUAGES

2017: Produced Each Issue: 61,651,000 Available in 294 LANGUAGES

• sir82
    sir82

The putative reason for switching to semi-monthly, 16 pages, comic-book style (fewer articles, lots more graphics & listicles) was so they could translate it into more languages.

Seems they have done just that.

It also seems like a diminishing returns kind of thing - if they produce it in a language used by maybe a few 10's or 100's of thousands of people, well, I suppose those persons might be somewhat excited to see something written in their language. Maybe a handful will convert.

But then what? People who speak Indo-gurgle-pekinese as their only language generally don't have Wall Street jobs - they aren't going to contribute loads of cash. They aren't going to run a bulldozer at an assembly hall build. They won't be attending SKE.

The WT is hemorrhaging westerners (and with them their money) and growing in remote pockets of 3rd world countries. What happens next?

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

That's 51 mill. In 2016 and 53.5 mill in 2017. Wasted paper gotten at discounted rates I'm sure.

Environmentalists should sue these bastards for destroying our forests and voiding all that forestcover. Unproductive members of society, who cotribute zilch towards protecting our environment or human welfare , but claim their Hobo god is gonna destroy all destroying the earth. Effing hypocrites.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

the new 2017 WT mag has some new (updated printing figures):

2016: Produced Each Issue: 58,987,000 Available in 282 LANGUAGES

2017: Produced Each Issue: 61,651,000 Available in 294 LANGUAGES

More WBT$ literature.....In more languages..

95% of it will end up stored in JW Homes around the world..

In reality,the JW Religion is a..

WBT$ Literature Hoarders Club..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The WT is hemorrhaging westerners (and with them their money) and growing in remote pockets of 3rd world countries. What happens next?

You obviously are not paying attention at meetings! What happens next? Armageddon! It's "right around the corner"! . . . . Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

2017: Produced Each Issue: 61,651,000

That means every JW -- all 8 million -- are each receiving 8 issues of the Ragazine for placement? NFW! There are not that many laundromats! . . . . Doc

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow that's a lotta tractazines.

If it was still in any way, shape or form, a "magazine" it might be something to boast about.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Interesting they say produced instead of printed. I wonder how much of that number includes downloads?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think they count downloads do they?

Even if they did I doubt it would amount to much. Who goes to JW.org to download magazines?

Millions of paper copies are produced so publishers can pretend they are preaching and the public can fill their rubbish bins. I can't see any scenario where there's any great demand for downloads from anyone. In fact if they go to download only it would provide a true measure of their popularity as only people who actually want them would tend to download them. They'd be lucky to reach a few million as most JWs probably wouldn't even bother, except for the study articles.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi Doubting Bro

Interesting they say produced instead of printed. I wonder how much of that number includes downloads?

Yes, interesting turn of phrase....

2017: Produced Each Issue: 61,651,000 available in 294 languages
    2016: Produced Each Issue: 58,987,000 available in 254 languages
    2015: Printing Each Issue: 52,946,000 in 228 languages
    2014: Printing Each Issue: 45,944,000 in 212 languages
    2013: Printing Each Issue: 44,978,000 in 204 languages

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit