The Key Text on JW.Org Leaves Out The Most Important Part!

by steve2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Perhaps the one Scripture most often quoted by JWs is Matthew 24:14: "This good news of the kingdomwill be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will come." Even after decades away from the kingdom hall, I can still rattle off that verse. I daresay all 8-plus million "active" JWs can also recite it, plus the untold millions who have left or become inactive across the decades.

It is among the top cornerstone texts used in JW communications.

But now there's a significant shift in the use of that text: JWs often focused heavily on the part of the Scripture about the end coming. They'd explain to householders that as JWs were preaching the good news in all the inhabited earth it was a further sign that 'the end is near'.

For reasons that appear at once baffling and obvious, a partially quoted Mathew 24:14 has now become the cornerstone text of JW.org - over and above such JW classics as, "You are my Witnesses", says Jehovah"(Isaiah 43:10) and "By this all will know you are my followers, If you have love among yourselves" (John 13:35).

Have a look right now if you haven't already. This is what you will find: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth."

Perhaps one of the most meaningful parts of that Scripture - "and then the end will come" - has been omitted.

Is this just an unthinking trimming of Scripture to make it visually fit better into the allotted space? Or is it part of a deliberate "de-urgency-fying" of the JW message because of the extended period of time they have been warning about the nearness of the end?

• compound complex
    compound complex

steve2:

I just wrote a friend who's been out 40-plus years and told her she wouldn't recognize the religion anymore -- nor do I. That sacred touchstone -- our one-time mantra -- may be in a state of flux. Interesting, Russell said light is added to, not displaced by new light.

Maybe we should reconsider the founder's philosophy.

Well, maybe not . . . didn't the end come in 1914?!?!?!?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Very interesting, Steve. We're is it, exactly...on the home page?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hmmm.... could the next New Shite Light be that the big A probably isnt gonna be within our lifetime?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Follow the direction brother Steve. I do detect a rather critical spirit from you of late.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Hmmm.... could the next New Shite Light be that the big A probably isnt gonna be within our lifetime?

That was pretty obvious to most dubs when they changed the generation from being literal!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This image is forever burned into my consciousness. I had left only 2 months previously and couldn't believe they actually pulled this one. It's one more embarrassment to the Watchtower legacy.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yeah sure, that Overlap thingy . . . . Image result for laughing rolling on floor

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I only left two years ago and i dont recognize it.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This is the only overlapping I believe in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit